My Questions for Step 2 CS

10/22/2014 4:51:47 AM
Hello All,
Greetings!
My CS will be in Nov 2014.
I am starting this post for some of the detailed questions I want to ask. I really dont have much time to look around the internet for the answers I need. So, if anybody kind enough to drop a line or two to help out a brother, I would much appreciate. I will ask a lot of questions I guess.

My first question is
Do we really need to check rate of breathings, heart rate, pulse rate...? in UW notes for physical , we are supposed to check the rates,,,
if so,,, how are we gonna do that? are you going to use stop watch or clock? Even if we are pretending, how are we going to pretend?
Thank you!

10/23/2014 5:36:17 AM
My other question is for hypotensive patients, in UW notes, they want us to check for the orthostatic hypotension. Does it mean we have to recheck BP for all hypotensive patients?

The other question is for trauma patients, for example 'hemothorax' patient. In real practice, we have to approach them according to ATLS principals. Now do we really have to approach the patient by asking all our mnemonics even before touching him? Imagine asking sexual history for a guy with massive hemothorax!

The last question for now is washing hands. One doctor on 'youtube' suggested not to wash hands and wear gloves. She said washing hands is waste of the time. But in all UW notes, they mention to wash your hands. What about wearing gloves? What is your opinion about that? If we decide to wash our hands, do we have to follow the proper hand washing techniques? cos if we have to 'scrub' our hands properly, its gonna take 1 to 2 minutes! I am confused. How exactly do we wash our hands? Can we just wash them like we do in a restaurant?

10/23/2014 12:54:29 PM
You are only supposed to check vitals on the physical exam if the case is preemployment physical or htn or dm checkup

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK