Need Advice and Uworld tip

8/14/2014 2:46:12 PM
Hey guys,
I am attempting CK first. havent done step 1 yet.
I have been studying for the past 8 months making flashcards videos kaplan lectures note high yield videos.

My strategy is to do everything subject wise.
So far ive made flashcards of all IM topics, Pschiatry, Biostats, Epidemeology, GYnecology not obs, and Pediatrics, Surgery.Pediatrics and surgery i have some topics left out which i feel arent that high yield.

Today I revised my GIT cards. there is nothing left out from it from the book.
I use MTB2.MTB3,Kaplan LN, and videos, occasionally FA(thats why it took me 8 months).
and today I attempted a block of GIT questions.

It was my first time trying out uworld questions and my first question took like 240seconds to attempt (with wrong ans) . I got 20 out of 44 correct answer.

and im so discouraged. Because it wasnt like i had trouble recalling stuff but for eg there was some extra stuff like VIPoma and Glucagonama which wasnt even in the books GIT chapter or any high yield stuff( i dont have pathology background of Step1). So okay that was just one question.

But questions that i got wrong, there was always some extra information not written in the books regarding that topic that made me mess up the question. So when reviewing the answers i was like " i didnt know this thing happens in this disease as well". which is wierd and discouraging as i had exhausted all my learning resources to study that topic.

I Know that UWORLD needs to be used as a learning resource as well.
But tell me is it normal to get such low score?
Im panicking as i have exam in 2 and half months.
I plan to revise my cards , and do questions for a month .

and i have some extra topics left which i havent even studied like
Obstertics, Ethics and Emergency Medicine. I need one week to study those . as i wanna spend some time on them , they are my weak points and i had just been avoiding them.. and there are some small topics like ENT ,OPTHO left for first reading as well.

Any one has any advice on what should i do? and if low uworld scores are normal.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK