Graduate Entry Medics - UK

5/17/2014 11:07:21 AM
Hi everyone, hope you'are all doing well.

I was just curious to know if there are any other UK Graduate entry medics out there on a GEM/GEP course and if they have sat or plan to sit the Step 1.

My background is not in biochem/pharmacology/immunology and the accelerated nature of the GEP course makes me think I am at a bit of a disadvantage with Step 1.

I had planned to take it in July but am scoring consistently around 50% on UW so have decided to delay to possibly as late as December this year, perhaps later. No point rushing and failing. I was hoping to apply for Match 2016 but that may have to wait.

I was wondering if anyone else had found themselves woefully ill-prepared or how you got around it.

I am yet to do and NBME; how do they compare with the UW Self Assessment? I have had to put USMLE 1 on the back burner for now with my 4th year exams coming up.

I'm aiming for Family Medicine in the US but would like a 250 score if I can get it. We shall see. Man, what a tough exam!

Anyway, all the best.

Mark

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK