Please help me,urgent suggestion needed

5/3/2014 6:07:42 PM
Friends,
I am an old graduate from india.passed medical school in 2008.came to usa in 2009 after getting married.i finished step 2 c.s in 2012. I prepared for step 1 in 2011 but couldn't give the exam because of personal reasons.

I am here to share my problem.it's very embarrassing to even share it in an anonymous public forum, but still i want to share it here..

Last year,I was arrested for shoplifting.i am out on bail.i hired a lawyer & got into a PRE TRIAL DIVERSION program.in this program i am supposed to fulfill some terms & conditions for 1 yr.once i am done with the program,my case will be dismissed.

Please don't judge me..i don't know what i was thinking, why i did that.i lost my sense of control & judgement.i am paying for my mistake now.I am going through a lot.after a lot of rough & depressed phase i am kind of feeling little ok.i want to move on.i want to pursue my dream of becoming a doctor.i am just very very confused & very very very very scared.

I am a very anxious person.i get tensed very easily.i took antidepressants,anti anxiety medication for a long time.i am trying to overcome all these issues.i was good student back home & never had these issues.

It's only after coming to this country, facing loneliness, domestic problems, that i realized that i had all these issues..

Anyways..coming to the MAIN ISSUE - what are my chances of getting into residency with all this history, especially the theft?my case will be dismissed & i am eligible to expunge(remove the records) the details only after 2 years.

I started studying for step 2 as i am too too scared for step 1( considering my past preparation,the content of the exam etc etc).i like the subjects of step 2.i thought i could ease down a little & prepare fresh for step 2,gain some confidence & then give step 1.

I am planning to finish step 1 & step 2 by the end of this year if everything goes as planned & smoothly.(actually i want to finish it before sept 1, so that i can apply this year.. But i am not sure)

I am pretty confused about what i should do.all these issues are reflecting very badly on my health & personal life.my married life is on rocks.my only way out, my only way to solve many issues, my only way to gain my respect, perspective, my only way to be back on my feet is to get into medical residency..

Giving steps, Getting into residency demands lot of time, energy, patience, perseverance & also money.i am ready for everything.my only fear is that after putting every effort,if i come to know that i am not eligible to even apply or later not eligible to getting into residency..i will be devastated.i will crumble..my effort goes waste.

Nobody can foretell the future but at least one can hope for the best if chances are known.i want to know what are my chances..

I request,plead people in this forum to guide me through this.please..please..please...

5/3/2014 8:50:39 PM
hey listen buddy,firstly i should appreciate your thought of getting back to study and become a doctor.you know what no one is perfect and correct in this world.its kind of bad phase in u r life u underwent.now there is no need to be anxious any further. every one if try with full efforts has a great chance of becoming a doc or in u r way getting a residency.all u need is dedication to wards it.my suggestion is since u r done with cs part,start with step 2 ck .try reading the kaplan lecture notes,mtb2 and best tool uworld ck.try to give the exam in next 4-6 months.then see for u r self how u r thought will change.what happened is happened.now there awaits a bright future.pray to god for sometime in a day,do some exercise, eat well,watch some comedy shows.meet people share u r thoughts and make a schedule for u r prep. u will surely ace step 2 with good score.so start now.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK