USMLE STEP 1 APPLICATION

4/28/2014 10:41:30 PM
Hi, I'm currently in the process of submitting my application for Step 1.. I'm having a difficulty understanding the eligibility periods.
I plan to take the exam on OCTOBER 2014, because i will be starting with my review just this coming May. Is it okay if i submit my application now and indicate my eligibility period as August-Sep-October 2014? This question might sound stupid but I just want to make sure i'm doing everything right.. Thanks guys..
edited by freesiawhizmd on 4/28/2014

4/28/2014 11:55:03 PM
Hi there,
If you're an img, it's probably best to start the process as soon as possible, there are certain forms they might need from your school(depending of course where u studied) that might cause delays, u don't always get the period u ask for as there might be unforeseen circumstances. I applied for a June/July/august 2013 eligibility period , went for a prep course in May only to be delayed for another 6 months over a medical school form, my advice to u will be to get your dates in early! Best of luck!

4/29/2014 1:35:06 AM
chog91343620 wrote:
Hi there,
If you're an img, it's probably best to start the process as soon as possible, there are certain forms they might need from your school(depending of course where u studied) that might cause delays, u don't always get the period u ask for as there might be unforeseen circumstances. I applied for a June/July/august 2013 eligibility period , went for a prep course in May only to be delayed for another 6 months over a medical school form, my advice to u will be to get your dates in early! Best of luck!

Hi! I'm an IMG too. Thank you so much for your response. I just completed by Step 1 application (online part) and decided to proceed with the Aug-Sep-Oct eligibility period. I have 3 months to have all the forms processed before my eligibility period starts. I'm supposing that's okay instead of opting to have an even earlier eligibility period (for instance June-July-Aug) even if i want to take the exam on October?. I'm just about to start my review this coming May and I need 5 months to prepare..

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK