Low NBME score Step1

3/18/2014 1:55:08 PM
Hi every one !I am an IMG studying for step 1 in about 10 month ,I wan to take my exam in 2 days but I took nbme 11 and I got 290\183 !!!!!!!! I read Kaplan once and studied first aid for about tow or three times some sessions. U world once in touter un timed and got 51%. I am totally exhausted ((( my eligibility period will ended on 31 march 2014!! So I think I have to extend it and repay all for it would someone help me with my studying .I donno what else to do I need help .is there any one like me here???? By the way I did NBME 15 on Jan24 :230/156. NBME 13 on Feb 7: 238/158 !!!

Thank u for helping me

3/20/2014 1:14:31 AM
Dear friend

As you rightly pointed out, it is wise to postpone
It Since you had not had enough time. I was in place of you once
and I did the same thing even though we get charged for that.
Your score is more important than anything else. You'll master
All of the materials soon. No worries. Be strong and go ahead.

Wish you luck

3/20/2014 3:05:38 PM
Hi friend ,
Thank u so much for yr reply. I lost all my hope I haven't studied well since my last NBME !! I donno how to study? Should I study Uworld q bank again? In which mood? Timed or ..??!!! Or I have to add kaplan q bank too? Would u please share yr experience . Thank u

3/20/2014 7:57:54 PM
Roboticdock (Posts 1) - 3/20/2014 7:57:05 PM permalink • reply with quote • edit • delete

Hello again,

No worries. Firstly, be relax and confident. Once again, go ahead with Uworld, but this time, focus more in each question. You should conclude each answer even with using other sources like wikipedia and Medscape. So, this may take time, you may not finish more than one block a day. But, dont get dissapointed. My first time took 5 mo)) you proceed it faster than me. Only understand the concept. You may also need to review first aid as well as qbank. That takes time either. But, the result is more important. If you want to be more proficient you can go for Kaplan (only hard questions if you dont want to do all of them).

I wish I had been told what I should do in usmle, then I wouldnt have waited for 2 years Good luck with your studies.

3/20/2014 8:08:01 PM
Thanks a lot!!!! I hope I can take the exam within 2 months Iam really exhausted ! One thing that I figured it out is that, When I read the q bank I tried to memorized the content of the test and the answer! How ever they are not gonna ask me the exact q like uw! I hope I can get the higher score in nbme next time
Thank u so much again,hope u the best

3/21/2014 1:51:41 AM
You're welcome

Yes, that is a common mistake. But, you ,now, know what you want. I hope you will ace the test. Remember 2 things:

-knowledge
-focus

Sometimes 2 is more needed like I want right now

Best of luck

3/21/2014 11:16:27 AM
U are right!!! The second one is more important some how!
I think a lot while Iam studying so I can't concentrate well!!!
The sad part is I know all my faults but It's really hard to make change.
I hope I can do my best.
Thanks a lot my friend Wish u the best of luck

3/22/2014 3:57:00 AM
Hello again

Glad to hear that. Only concentration
That was pleasure talking to you.

Best

3/22/2014 9:49:40 PM
Hi, so r u gonna take it?

3/24/2014 7:56:45 PM
When is the best time to do random timed qs?

3/25/2014 9:54:34 AM
Hey I'm in exactly the same situation as u r. Did nbme 7 ang got 194 only ....my eligibility too ends on 31st march so i will reapply too..... my plan is to just focus on FA UWORLD and Pathoma for next 40 days and then sit for the exam by second weak of May..... let us keep each other motivated and get through this exam...

Strong wrote:
Hi every one !I am an IMG studying for step 1 in about 10 month ,I wan to take my exam in 2 days but I took nbme 11 and I got 290\183 !!!!!!!! I read Kaplan once and studied first aid for about tow or three times some sessions. U world once in touter un timed and got 51%. I am totally exhausted ((( my eligibility period will ended on 31 march 2014!! So I think I have to extend it and repay all for it would someone help me with my studying .I donno what else to do I need help .is there any one like me here???? By the way I did NBME 15 on Jan24 :230/156. NBME 13 on Feb 7: 238/158 !!!

Thank u for helping me

3/25/2014 12:32:00 PM
vapa81399684 wrote:
Hey I'm in exactly the same situation as u r. Did nbme 7 ang got 194 only ....my eligibility too ends on 31st march so i will reapply too..... my plan is to just focus on FA UWORLD and Pathoma for next 40 days and then sit for the exam by second weak of May..... let us keep each other motivated and get through this exam...

Strong wrote:

Thank u for helping me

vapa81399684 wrote:

Strong wrote:

Thank u for helping me

vapa81399684 wrote:

Strong wrote:

Thank u for helping me

3/25/2014 12:32:01 PM
vapa81399684 wrote:

Strong wrote:

Thank u for helping me

3/25/2014 12:32:04 PM
what is FA UWORLD and Pathoma? thanks
edited by on 3/25/2014

3/25/2014 2:10:16 PM
Hi, it sounds like a good idea.Most of my friends just told me to focus more on uworld and read it like a book! So I just renewed my uworld and I am gonna read each session of FA and do the uworld of each session separately in timed mood! Iam happy to find some one to study with! I am totally disappointed but there is no way other than studying !i wish u the best. I just don't know when to start random qs? Does it make any difference to do random one ?

3/25/2014 2:11:09 PM
FA: fist aid
UWORLD: U world q bank

3/25/2014 11:43:03 PM
Strong wrote:
Hi, it sounds like a good idea.Most of my friends just told me to focus more on uworld and read it like a book! So I just renewed my uworld and I am gonna read each session of FA and do the uworld of each session separately in timed mood! Iam happy to find some one to study with! I am totally disappointed but there is no way other than studying !i wish u the best. I just don't know when to start random qs? Does it make any difference to do random one ?

I'd prefer random and timed mode every time because tht is what we will get with the real deal.but sometimes that may not work for everyone. the other way u can do this is do an organ system from FA( this includes anat phys path and pharm for tht section)and then select anat phys pharm path as main divisions and select the organ system tht u just finished. Next when u do another organ system just add it to the test with previous organ system....and so on... donot get dissappointed with any low score on these blocks as the whole point of this is to learn stuff.....best of luck to u too

3/26/2014 7:45:39 PM
Thanks friend for yr reply.
The point is I am totally confused with random and un random mood! in my last review I did organ system based ,I really donno which way is better? My problem is that If I just studied one session and did it really well with the uw I might forget it in couple of days!!! So maybe random is the good way for me! I don't know

3/26/2014 7:46:49 PM
What should I do for recalling most of the things I studied ?here is my major problem
edited by on 3/26/2014

3/27/2014 4:46:33 AM
Strong wrote:
What should I do for recalling most of the things I studied ?here is my major problem
edited by on 3/26/2014

ya recalling is a problem for me too .....guess only way is to keep repeating stuff.....since u hav completed uworld once ,now do it again (random+timed)with first aid for second time and one more time aagain if self assessment score is not what ur comfortable with....
check this link out if it helps...>http://www.usmleexperiences.com/2014/01/how-to-get-250-on-usmle-step-1.html

3/27/2014 2:40:23 PM
Thanks for sharing the link, awesome tips!!! I like it!!so finally I made my decision! I go with random timed qs to see how it works!I think I am going to read FA each day and do at least 2 random timed blocks.

Hope u the best
It would be nice of u if u share any helpful tips here with me as well. I really appreciate that.

3/29/2014 4:25:14 AM
Strong wrote:
Thanks for sharing the link, awesome tips!!! I like it!!so finally I made my decision! I go with random timed qs to see how it works!I think I am going to read FA each day and do at least 2 random timed blocks.

Hope u the best
It would be nice of u if u share any helpful tips here with me as well. I really appreciate that.

Sure will share any tip i come up with ........ hey do you have any idea about when can we reapply .....somebody said that we cant reapply for atleast 2 weeks post the ending of eligibility period..... n also do we have to call prometric to cancel an already scheduled appointment??

3/29/2014 11:17:29 AM
Strong ...are you working and studying or just studying?

pages: 1 2

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK