just received my results; scored 262

3/7/2014 3:24:39 PM
This is my first post here, hi ,I'm an IMG and I'm too excited coz i received my results 2 days ago with a wonderful score
:262 . I took the exam in 12 of february 2014,and I was pretty sure that I'll perform well on it ; coz I covered the majority of stuff that are likely to be there and thanks to God, most of them were actually there. my advice to everyone willing to take the test soon is to try to do as much qs as one can, with revision of BOTH wrong and true choices. I wish for you all the best, and i'm willing to answer all your Qs about my preparation ;but not now coz I'll be away for acouple of days and I'll be back soon INSHAALLAH

3/7/2014 10:18:19 PM
Hi congratulation AbdAllah excellent score,please advice which q bank NBMEs and your scores how did you manage your minutes during the exam thank you

3/9/2014 4:16:07 AM
cong great i'm happy 4 u bcoz am IMG all get the best >don' forget to release ur experience

3/9/2014 11:01:14 AM
umibrahim wrote:
Hi congratulation AbdAllah excellent score,please advice which q bank NBMEs and your scores how did you manage your minutes during the exam thank you

thanks umibrahim ,well I'll say something that maybe strange, but I didn't do any NBME Qbanks ;coz when i started on NBME7 it's appeared to be too easy compared to UW and only 5days were left before my exam' so I used that time to revise somethings instead of assesin myself.regarding time management; I had some diffuculties in that coz I take long time reading and understanding the q but i finished all the blocks within around 55 min.

3/9/2014 11:35:57 AM
Hi guys!!, I'll post my expereance here. I started my preparation on march 2013 after I graduated from medical school, I started studying with kaplan's books coupled with UW qbanks at a subject wise pattern (after finishing each subject). I completed them at 5 months. then I started on FA coupled with kaplan Q bank which took around 3 months; which was too long ; coz I was busy with some other things, however after finishing that, I registered to the exam and I also begin to do UW again and I did their self-assessment exams; which almost predicted my score exactly, after that I revised some notes that I collected, from UW and kaplan Q banks, then I took the exam at 12 feb; which was very fair and much like UW Qs, (a little bit shorter), the first block was too easy but the others were challenging to me, and I consumed a lot of time in answering some Qs but generally the test was fair. I think what made the difference for me is the integration of things together, and trying to repeat thing again and again each time I find myself weak at any area. also doing a lot of Qs has improved my test taking skills. my last advice is to study hard and to be patient; coz nothing is easy niether impossible. I wish you all the best in your preparation and in your exam.

3/10/2014 4:59:50 PM
Hay congratulations. .that's really a great score and best of luck I wanted to ask what if you get really low scores in uworld ..is it fine ? Does it improve with practice or you don't score above 70-80% till the end ?

3/11/2014 1:10:07 AM
uroojj wrote:
Hay congratulations. .that's really a great score and best of luck I wanted to ask what if you get really low scores in uworld ..is it fine ? Does it improve with practice or you don't score above 70-80% till the end ?

It will difinately improve with practice; I used to score around b\w 60s and 70s but then it improved till I reached 80s. so don't worry just keep practicing and you'll be fine.

3/11/2014 2:04:48 AM
Congrats! Thats a great score! I wanted to ask you a few questions..
I started studying in January using UWorld and FA...studied continuoulsy for two months then took an NBME at the end of Feb and I got a 190.
Ive completed UWorld once and now just reset it starting it the second time.
Planning on doing the same thing again...any suggestions? Or should I change my strategy at all or just continue with UWorld and First Aid. My UWorld will be expiring soon so i'll renew that. I noticed you also used Kaplan QBank.
Is UWorld QBank enough...I dont want to spend more money on another QBank...if i just continue UWorld again...and I plan to do it at least two more times...do you think I can get to a high score?? Any advice or tips would be helpful cuz i'm starting UWorld second time now and if I should try something different please tell me. JZK
edited by on 3/11/2014

3/12/2014 10:13:10 AM
well done!!! good luck for your next step

3/13/2014 5:20:11 PM
gggg23958403 wrote:
I started studying in January using UWorld and FA...studied continuoulsy for two months then took an NBME at the end of Feb and I got a 190.
Planning on doing the same thing again...any suggestions? Or should I change my strategy at all or just continue with UWorld and First Aid. My UWorld will be expiring soon so i'll renew that. I noticed you also used Kaplan QBank.
Is UWorld QBank enough...I dont want to spend more money on another QBank...if i just continue UWorld again...and I plan to do it at least two more times...do you think I can get to a high score?? Any advice or tips would be helpful cuz i'm starting UWorld second time now and if I should try something different please tell me. JZK
edited by on 3/11/2014

ok, first I think UW is fairly enough, and it will make the difference for your preparation. so you shouldn't add another Q bank. regarding your preparation,I should know if you've studied kaplan's lecture note or not; coz if not this may make your preparation harder than expected unless your basic science background is good. I encourage you to repeat them again(FA and UW), with good revision of answered Q. don't pay much attention to assessment exams now, just focus on imroving your knowledge. study hard and if I've done it, you would too!!

3/14/2014 9:18:17 AM
abdallah112 wrote:
gggg23958403 wrote:
edited by on 3/11/2014

ok, first I think UW is fairly enough, and it will make the difference for your preparation. so you shouldn't add another Q bank. regarding your preparation,I should know if you've studied kaplan's lecture note or not; coz if not this may make your preparation harder than expected unless your basic science background is good. I encourage you to repeat them again(FA and UW), with good revision of answered Q. don't pay much attention to assessment exams now, just focus on imroving your knowledge. study hard and if I've done it, you would too!!

THANKS! I've started it and reviewing FA with it. One more concern i have is that I have a bunch of the UWorld questions memorized from recently finishing. But i know i have to spend more time on explanations...i guess once i complete it the second time around ill attempt SelfAssessment Tests 1 and 2

3/15/2014 9:41:30 AM
abdallah112 wrote:
This is my first post here, hi ,I'm an IMG and I'm too excited coz i received my results 2 days ago with a wonderful score
:262 . I took the exam in 12 of february 2014,and I was pretty sure that I'll perform well on it ; coz I covered the majority of stuff that are likely to be there and thanks to God, most of them were actually there. my advice to everyone willing to take the test soon is to try to do as much qs as one can, with revision of BOTH wrong and true choices. I wish for you all the best, and i'm willing to answer all your Qs about my preparation ;but not now coz I'll be away for acouple of days and I'll be back soon INSHAALLAH

3/15/2014 9:41:43 AM
abdallah112 wrote:

3/17/2014 8:39:15 AM
5hstar wrote:
HI congratsss on your amazing score; my exams coming up soon in 2 weeks.. and my uworld average right now is like 60% how do you think that is? i haven't gone through all of fa yet?

how many times did you do fa? i took nbme form 16 today? so you didnt' do any nbmes? that's a good idea; i don't think i'll give any more either/

was the exam more like uworld or nbmes???

how many times did you do fa? i did most of kaplan except smaller subjects like histo; some gross anat; micro; i did most of it though....

i did half of pathoma? i don know why my physio and patho have been really low since 3 yrs o fmy preparation.. is it revision problem i'm having or trying to integrate teh pathology concepts into the question???

also were there a lot of pictures in your exam???

plz if you could really help would be great... did u also have a good medical school background???? i don't; so thats why it took me this long to get the score ; still i'm scared its borderline right now; b/c the passing is 192 and i'm just above according to nbme form 16?

my exm is scheduled for march 28? what should i do??? plz ne advice would be great thanks

well, there is a lot of stuff needed to be answered. first; since your exam is due at 28/3 so there is no time to waste!! just try to revise FA thoroughly and memorise every single information in it+go through UW notes( if you write some); if not just revise the explanations in the Qs. this is a must. regarding the exam, it is moe like UW, the NBME are much easier than the real test but their scoring is more predictable. the images wre easy that you can figure out from the given choices, just go through goljan images+ robbin's pathology's slides and you well be fine. regrding my background I'm totally confident that you've graduated from a medical school better than mine coz our rank is 2000 something, so no need to underestimate your self. like I said; FA,FA,FA.+notes of UW. use the buzz words to save time+ maximum concentration during the exam= you will do fine.

3/17/2014 5:26:19 PM
5hstar wrote:
Yehhh so like how many times did u do first aid? i'm having difficulty getting through it even once...

i tht usmle actual exam is easier than nbmes? how many nbmes did you do ?

presently i'm doing fa last 5 chapters of pathoma and uworld!!!

did u read explanations for right answers also?? or only wrong once?

also didu do brs physio or conrad medical ethics 100q book? 'm tryign to cram in as much as possible these last few days! i only have 10 days ideally!!

trust me my med school was terrible; i literally came out with zero basics; my nbme score was beyond terrible; i had to learn everything from scratch thts y i' ve been struggling with this Exam for the past 3 yrs to get to at least passing level now; i'm not hoping for anything higher than 240 cuz i know thts not possible w/ my situation lol

ive took kaplan live lectures 2x private tutoring pass program yeah in the last 3 yrs its been super struggle for me...where do i find robbins pathology slides? is webpath ohk also?

plz if you can help me out would be awesome; also how many times did u do fa?

thanks

I did FA twice one before starting UW and the other after it and just before the exam by 5 days. really you have done an excellent job and this shall be reflected by a good score in the exam.and yes I didn't study physiology from kaplan but from BRS also the pathology was from BRS. like I said I didn't do ANY NBME for time issues. they assess you and they do not ad much to your knowledge. finally do not PANIC when you encounter a Q that you don't know; just be calm and pick the most likely choice; uncertainity is the rule. remember to revise ALL Qs, even the ones that you answered right. NOW use your remaining days to study hard and forget your preparation and your medical school; this won't help you, be confident and be focus.

3/17/2014 5:26:25 PM
5hstar wrote:
Yehhh so like how many times did u do first aid? i'm having difficulty getting through it even once...

i tht usmle actual exam is easier than nbmes? how many nbmes did you do ?

presently i'm doing fa last 5 chapters of pathoma and uworld!!!

did u read explanations for right answers also?? or only wrong once?

also didu do brs physio or conrad medical ethics 100q book? 'm tryign to cram in as much as possible these last few days! i only have 10 days ideally!!

trust me my med school was terrible; i literally came out with zero basics; my nbme score was beyond terrible; i had to learn everything from scratch thts y i' ve been struggling with this Exam for the past 3 yrs to get to at least passing level now; i'm not hoping for anything higher than 240 cuz i know thts not possible w/ my situation lol

ive took kaplan live lectures 2x private tutoring pass program yeah in the last 3 yrs its been super struggle for me...where do i find robbins pathology slides? is webpath ohk also?

plz if you can help me out would be awesome; also how many times did u do fa?

thanks

I did FA twice one before starting UW and the other after it and just before the exam by 5 days. really you have done an excellent job and this shall be reflected by a good score in the exam.and yes I didn't study physiology from kaplan but from BRS also the pathology was from BRS. like I said I didn't do ANY NBME for time issues. they assess you and they do not ad much to your knowledge. finally do not PANIC when you encounter a Q that you don't know; just be calm and pick the most likely choice; uncertainity is the rule. remember to revise ALL Qs, even the ones that you answered right. NOW use your remaining days to study hard and forget your preparation and your medical school; this won't help you, be confident and be focus.

3/20/2014 3:24:55 PM
Hi,
Congratulation for yr score!! U raced it Would u please tell me how u did yr uw q bank? i mean in which mood?
Iam an IMG and studying for almost 8 months ,I study first aid 3 or 4 times some sessions. I did uw q bank once but last week I did NBME and got 290/183!!!!! So disappointing! I lost all my hope I need some motivation to make me study harder Iam so confused,what should I do now? Should I go over first aid each session and then do the uw in un timed tutoring mood? Or do it in random timed? Would u please help me((
I did nbme 15 about 2 month ago and got 230/153 and nmbe 13 :238/158 1 month ago
I donno what is my faults??? My eligibility period gonna be end by the end of march I think. Have to repay

Thank u so much for taking yr time

3/20/2014 4:26:10 PM
I don't understand it does not supposed to be a good score for nbme the one that you have?
What score do you need to be secure?

3/20/2014 5:11:11 PM
Not really!! It's not even passing score! 183 was my predictive score and 290 was my nbme ccore !

3/20/2014 7:59:14 PM
Oh i get it! Which nbme did you do it the last time? I think you should postpone the date and study more.
The way that I do and it helps to me is doing system by system and doing every questions that uworld have for that system and reading and reading FA and then after your first round of that you can mix I hope I help you that's the way that it works for me

3/20/2014 8:12:43 PM
NBME 11! Have u known any one who had low score and finally can get the god one? Is it possible??

3/20/2014 8:14:11 PM
And thanks a lot for yr advice)

3/20/2014 8:58:11 PM
What scores are you getting now in u world? And what is your performance ? And in q bank?
Yes I have a friend that her first nbme has very low and 2 weeks before the exam she got 255 and in the real exam 252!
You have to keep doing questions that's the key

3/21/2014 1:34:39 AM
That give me a little bit hope !!! I did the whole u world once and got 51% performance.... But I purchased the new uworld and I took 2 blocks on random timed mood and got 70% !! Iam really disappointed! Too tired of studying without any result. Thank u so much for helping me .i do appreciate that)

3/22/2014 3:09:58 AM
Strong wrote:
Hi,
Congratulation for yr score!! U raced it Would u please tell me how u did yr uw q bank? i mean in which mood?
Iam an IMG and studying for almost 8 months ,I study first aid 3 or 4 times some sessions. I did uw q bank once but last week I did NBME and got 290/183!!!!! So disappointing! I lost all my hope I need some motivation to make me study harder Iam so confused,what should I do now? Should I go over first aid each session and then do the uw in un timed tutoring mood? Or do it in random timed? Would u please help me((
I did nbme 15 about 2 month ago and got 230/153 and nmbe 13 :238/158 1 month ago
I donno what is my faults??? My eligibility period gonna be end by the end of march I think. Have to repay

Thank u so much for taking yr time

I think postponing your test date will be a good idea, since you need more time to prepare suffeceintly. my advice is to try doing FA then UW system or subject wise timed,unused. you need to relax , take a couple of days off and rearrange yourself. you need to concentrate upon Basic things, principles and most commons. just know what area you are weak in and try to cover it again. the key issue of passing this test is repeatition!! we all do this but the difference is some need to repeat 2 or 3 times while others (like me) may need 5 or 10 times!!. so no need to be dissapointed.

pages: 1 2 3

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK