low step 1 score

1/23/2014 2:00:42 AM
I gt my step 1 results today and gt a v low score i.e 198..i wish to cntinue further..please let me knw the chnces of gtng into residency and how to improve the chnces.wil gud score in ck imprve my chnces..im shatterd.plz gve ur valuable n sincere advices.

1/24/2014 12:57:44 AM
listen. 198 is not a good score for part 1, but if you get a very high score for part2ck (240+) you still have a great chance of getting into residency. make sure you don't have any attempts on CS and CK and my suggestion to you is if you are going to take CK take part 3 soon after. DON'T WORRY CALM DOWN and get an extremely high score on part 2ck. take your time learning and don't rush anything. you cannot take any of these exams until you get like 240+ on your nbme. NBME is +/-5 from your actual score.

2/11/2014 6:15:41 PM
Do people normally make 40 point jumps on step 1 to step 2? Seems tough IMO... Id get a 220 and step 2 and don't apply for competitive matches...

2/12/2014 4:11:24 PM
yes it is doable to make a 40 point jump. you just have to go over the material many times.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK