Help me!

11/1/2013 10:56:07 AM
which books help me to study for usmle step 1? I have the following books: first aid usmle step 1 and the lectures notes Kaplan, first aid videos.
does anyone know where some guidance get study for topics by subject in order to complete them?
any suggestions please.
edited by emcuevas on 11/1/2013

11/2/2013 5:59:21 PM
Hey!when do u plan to sit for your exam?what's your target time?u should start reading with kaplnsall books.i started with physio(watched all kaplan lecture videos too) then biochem(book pls all videos)then pharma(book plus videos)then anatomy(skipped histo videos)then i did immuno and micro(all videos)finally did patho from gljan rapid review.and finally behavioural(with lectures kaplan)it took me around 3months for the 1st read.i did second read after that(same order,skipped videos)this time it took me around the sane time.i wasnt fast.i read and swallowed as much as i could.finally the third read was a quick one along with first aid.i took uworld then.took me around 30days to complete all questions with explanations.a final first aid read.another quick one and finally exam

11/6/2013 4:39:42 PM
hi : tx for the tips. How did you do on the test? i have not scheduled it yet. My target time is as long as it takes me.

11/6/2013 7:43:20 PM
emcuevas wrote:
hi : tx for the tips. How did you do on the test? i have not scheduled it yet. My target time is as long as it takes me.

Hey just take your time.it's gonna be easy if u stay consistent and calm.i did good,thank god

11/6/2013 10:01:13 PM
humnah wrote:
emcuevas wrote:

Hey just take your time.it's gonna be easy if u stay consistent and calm.i did good,thank god

hiiiii congrats on ur score my exam is in dec got to do nbme hw much shud we get in nbme to crack 250+ ,,,does the score we get in u world q bank really matter can we use them as tools fr reading i have done both u world and kaplan q bank wit aggregate of 68 in both

11/9/2013 2:35:12 PM
humnah wrote:
emcuevas wrote:

Hey!sorry for the late reply.i had bedn a bit busy.your uworld score is good.uworld score isn't an absolute assessment of your preparation though.it is a great learning tool.it makes your identify your weaknesses and you can always work on them and score higher in the real exam.as for the nbmes,try to start taking them earlier.i did nbme 7 to 15.the score varied,nbme15 being the toughest.even if u don't get above 250 in your 1st nbme,it's totally fine.nbme online will tell your where u stand and u still have a month to improve it.don't start nbmes late and take your last nbme atleast a week before u write your exam.that's what i did.i wish u all the best for your exam and u are always welcome for any help

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK