Should I take USMLE, is it too late?

10/18/2013 7:53:13 PM
Hello
I am an ophthalmology resident , YOG 2008, dont know if it s too late for USMLE.?
I ll finish Master degree in ophthalmology by the end of 2014. I know its hard to have an ophthalmology residency
Should i start all over with basic science and medicine and stuff?
Should i stop my career here in egypt to finish USMLE , is it worth it, how risky is it?
How much will it cost from a to z including cost of matching and interviews?
I have no problem changing specialty if i have to.
How long will it talk to prepare for step 1 when i already have my master exam in may, i need at least 6 weeks preparation for it.
If. I start now, can i be ready to have step 1 in match?
Thnk you for you help

10/19/2013 2:12:55 AM
hi
I am an IMG with YOG 2004 from nigeria and i just started reading for USMLE. But i always have a positive mental attitude to life and a risk taker....anything u put ur mind into and work ur butt off for ...u will achieve

I never listen to negative thoughts cos i have seen people with longer YOG that are doing residency. remember u are already in residency thats a good thing on ur CV and u are actively practicing...so go with ur heart.

10/19/2013 5:31:25 AM
step1guruX wrote:
hi
I am an IMG with YOG 2004 from nigeria and i just started reading for USMLE. But i always have a positive mental attitude to life and a risk taker....anything u put ur mind into and work ur butt off for ...u will achieve

I never listen to negative thoughts cos i have seen people with longer YOG that are doing residency. remember u are already in residency thats a good thing on ur CV and u are actively practicing...so go with ur heart.

10/19/2013 5:34:43 AM
step1guruX wrote:
hi

Thank you so much, that was really inspiring, the thing is all i ve done in the past 3 years is useless

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK