181 on step 1 :(

10/7/2013 1:43:58 PM
Hi,
I just took step 1 and failed with 181 and was advised to do a 1 month intensive prep and reattempt it. I need advise from anyone who has ever been in this situation or who wants to share any tips about programs out there that could benefit me for this short intense prep I would like to do.
I did the whole FA/Uworld a couple of times and used study partners but unfortunately, this wasn't enough.
All encouragement/ advice is welcome. Thanks
edited by Amilet10 on 10/7/2013

10/7/2013 9:23:32 PM
Hi Amilet10, I had similar experience when I first took step 1. You can make it!. Pick your notes up and start studying. Do a lot of questions (UWorld) and review to understand the concept. My first attempt I scored 157 and I did not go for any review class, and I passed on my second attempt. Review class can only guide you on how to study, you have to do iy yourself! I have a skype study partner with whom I studied and reviewed the questions four or five times in a week for at least 3hrs/session and it paid off. Please do not go for the exam again unless you write nbme about a week before your exam. Please study in line with your nbme report. If you can score so high without review class, then you can pass the exam. I wish you good luck in your future endeavor. If you need further information, I will be more than willing to help.
God bless you.

10/7/2013 9:51:45 PM
Thanks so much for the encouragment jshammah. I was trying to decide today if I want to stick with uworld or try a different Qbank. I'll get back on the saddle though.
jshammah wrote:
Hi Amilet10, I had similar experience when I first took step 1. You can make it!. Pick your notes up and start studying. Do a lot of questions (UWorld) and review to understand the concept. My first attempt I scored 157 and I did not go for any review class, and I passed on my second attempt. Review class can only guide you on how to study, you have to do iy yourself! I have a skype study partner with whom I studied and reviewed the questions four or five times in a week for at least 3hrs/session and it paid off. Please do not go for the exam again unless you write nbme about a week before your exam. Please study in line with your nbme report. If you can score so high without review class, then you can pass the exam. I wish you good luck in your future endeavor. If you need further information, I will be more than willing to help.
God bless you.

10/11/2013 1:07:34 AM
jshammah wrote:
God bless you.

How long did it take you to study before you made your second attempt? And may I ask what you got on your second attempt please? Was it just UWorld you studied?

10/11/2013 1:12:18 PM

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK