My step 2 experience

9/18/2013 6:29:21 PM
I did step 2 ck today and i gotta say in the past few weeks all I have been reading was how hard the exam is & how are ppl failing miserably .. everyone made it sound like its impossible to pass and I was really anxious at some point I was going to have a panic attack ! first of all I found the exam easier than NBME and UW questions, in fact and I dare to say this UW questions are much much longer than the real exam, sure you have long questions but I was never rushed out of a block or anything I finished each block with few minutes to spare but I do agree with one thing one hour is not enough ...

Here is what I think, there is a certain way to answer the questions, like everyone said you may have 2 or 3 answers right but the thing is you have to pick the one that fits the most regardless and I say this after doing all the NBMEs & UW, funny enough I did the FRED V2 sample questions and I got 85% like everyone else but the thing is I always chose the answer that fits best when I was confused between 2 answers .. how you do that ? check the patients age, duration of chief complaint, onset ... etc. Like on the FRED sample questions I came across a case Female with DM & joints pain; that was pretty much it the answer was Hemochromatosis, the joints pain tilted the odds towards Hemochromatosis, the more you solve questions the more you will understand what am saying, and you gotta have a way to solve question like what I do is highlight the signs and symptoms, VS if they are unstable, past medical history and drug history, am sure alot of ppl do this ..

Yes I had three drug ads questions one was actually from FRED sample questions I wanted to laugh when I saw it that spared me 3 minutes and yes the other 2 questions were hard and I dont think I answered them right I never understood biostatistics anyway ..

I had loads of psychiatry questions especially personality disorders, drugs, diagnosis all that crap ... am not gonna keep talking here what I wanna say is do not believe all the ppl who are saying its hard and impossible to do its all about practicing the exam, PRACTICE IN TIMED MODE RANDOM !

If anyone needs more info I'll be happy to help & yes I am sure of my answers I wouldn't be posting this if I wasn't sure about what am saying !

9/19/2013 7:47:31 AM
I did uwself assessment today I got 245 UW Qbank 25 days ago 76% my exam within 5 days is it pretty score ? please help me
edited by azeeem on 9/19/2013

9/19/2013 12:38:10 PM
Yes it is, but please am saying this again I did UW RANDOM TIMED ONCE, not tutor mode or whatever mode .. Do the NBMEs, download FRED V2 sample do the 3 blocks there, thats how the real exam is its a combination between, UW & NBMEs

9/20/2013 1:07:29 PM
Thanks for sharing your experience with us! My question is, how many times did you do UW and what was your ending percentage?

9/21/2013 9:06:02 AM
can u please share ur nbme scores and uw average?and also your last month preparation please

9/23/2013 2:21:10 PM
I did UW just once, all random timed, 75th percentile, UW assessment 230
I did the offline NBME forms, avg 6-10 wrong questions a block, according to the NBME charts I got 79.8% of the questions

10/21/2013 8:12:48 PM
Wish u get ur result with high score plz update

10/21/2013 11:39:51 PM
Thank you for your letter. It is very helpful. I wish you will get the best score.
Again thank you ppl for your time.

10/22/2013 9:21:58 AM
Dyski wrote:
I did step 2 ck today and i gotta say in the past few weeks all I have been reading was how hard the exam is & how are ppl failing miserably .. everyone made it sound like its impossible to pass and I was really anxious at some point I was going to have a panic attack ! first of all I found the exam easier than NBME and UW questions, in fact and I dare to say this UW questions are much much longer than the real exam, sure you have long questions but I was never rushed out of a block or anything I finished each block with few minutes to spare but I do agree with one thing one hour is not enough ...

Here is what I think, there is a certain way to answer the questions, like everyone said you may have 2 or 3 answers right but the thing is you have to pick the one that fits the most regardless and I say this after doing all the NBMEs & UW, funny enough I did the FRED V2 sample questions and I got 85% like everyone else but the thing is I always chose the answer that fits best when I was confused between 2 answers .. how you do that ? check the patients age, duration of chief complaint, onset ... etc. Like on the FRED sample questions I came across a case Female with DM & joints pain; that was pretty much it the answer was Hemochromatosis, the joints pain tilted the odds towards Hemochromatosis, the more you solve questions the more you will understand what am saying, and you gotta have a way to solve question like what I do is highlight the signs and symptoms, VS if they are unstable, past medical history and drug history, am sure alot of ppl do this ..

Yes I had three drug ads questions one was actually from FRED sample questions I wanted to laugh when I saw it that spared me 3 minutes and yes the other 2 questions were hard and I dont think I answered them right I never understood biostatistics anyway ..

I had loads of psychiatry questions especially personality disorders, drugs, diagnosis all that crap ... am not gonna keep talking here what I wanna say is do not believe all the ppl who are saying its hard and impossible to do its all about practicing the exam, PRACTICE IN TIMED MODE RANDOM !

If anyone needs more info I'll be happy to help & yes I am sure of my answers I wouldn't be posting this if I wasn't sure about what am saying !

10/22/2013 9:22:52 AM
bobby12 wrote:
Dyski wrote:

10/22/2013 9:23:24 AM
Thank you for the wonderful feedback!!

11/2/2013 8:15:03 PM
would you please tell us your score ?
thanks for sharing your experience , hope you did well

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK