Best self assessment for CK

9/12/2013 12:49:44 PM
I heard UWSA is a better judge than NBME when it comes to step 2 CK, this seems so different from what the case is for step 1, please can someone let me know the best to use as your final judge?
I have done NBME 1 & 2 and have 4 and UWSA form 1 remaining, I want to keep the best for last, can you guys give me your opinion on which to take last please, my exam is in 2 weeks

9/13/2013 4:12:22 AM
I did NBME form 2 it was much different than UW, shorter questions, less info & it was easier ... I think u shud stick with UW from what I heard the exam questions are really long 7-8 lines long maybe similar to UW

9/13/2013 6:35:07 AM
Thanks for your reply, but I meant UWself assessment test vs NBME form 4, which is better, because I am undecided on which to do last

9/13/2013 3:11:26 PM
NBME form 4, the questions are long probably similar to the exam plus if u look around ull find most ppl agree that its the 99% accurate as the real exam .. do the offline form and do UW assessment as well

9/14/2013 6:43:10 AM
Am actually going through the same dilemma myself my exam is in 3 days and I dont know what to do lol ... I don't trust the NBME exams their scoring methods are weird and according to many ppl are incorrect or there is smthn wrong with them, even the answers; like for example theres a question stating an HIV patient came with Hx of PRODUCTIVE COUGH, FEVER 40c, RT LOWER LOBE INFILTRATION ON CXR, hes on TMP prophylaxis, CD4 count was N/A, anyway all the answers were organisms that cause Atypical pneumonia, one of the answer was Strep Pneumonia which is obviously the right answer ... ppl who took the online form say it was PCP, in that case the question was misleading and wrong, cause he is on prophylaxis for PCP and it causes NON PRODUCTIVE COUGH and BILATERAL INFILTRATES .. so my opinion do the UW assessment then offline NBME 4

9/14/2013 11:15:51 AM
Hmm, interesting. Good luck in your exam...I pray it will go well for you

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK