result of step 1 on 10th july

7/9/2013 11:53:17 AM
just 1 day left in result.....i had taken step 1 on 30th may with new pool of questions.........i want that everyone who appeared during may 13th till ending june share their experience here abt new pool........after few days everyone can share their result as well.........

i found questions more difficult then UWorld q bank but same kind of nbme...........i found genetics biostate bs more tough.....there was lot of micro in my test........hope everyone share experience
edited by drnawazish on 7/9/2013

7/10/2013 5:13:51 AM
Also took the exam 30th may, found some parts more difficult than Uworld, but other questions easy... Not sure about the exam as a whole.

Did anyone get their results yet? I live in the Amsterdam-Paris timezone, so 6 hours later than in Philadelphia I think.
Do we know at what time results are usually released?

Thanks for any info in advance!

7/10/2013 8:41:46 AM
Results are in!

7/10/2013 9:40:59 AM
the level of difficulty of various sections will be variable for every candidate as it has been before.. ! the question one needs to ask and have an answer to is that if there needs to be any modification or addition to the standard perparation and use of study aids for step1 post 10th may modifications..!

in my experience.. no need of any change.. kaplan series and goljan patho are still best for the foundations.. first aid still best for rapid repeated reviews.. and uworld still the best qbank !

my score... 249

7/10/2013 9:44:36 AM
I agree completely with the above!

My score: 250

7/10/2013 9:54:15 AM
DHvK wrote:
I agree completely with the above!

My score: 250

congratulations .. ! 250 was my aim.. fell just 1 short of it .. !

7/10/2013 9:55:45 AM
Thanks and you too congratulations!! I am sure the one point difference will not hurt your chances for a great career ;-) ! Enjoy today!

7/10/2013 10:17:07 AM
yes i have done this...........259 with full time job.......

my prep was first aid 4 reads.kaplan lecture notes 3 reads.u world 2 reads

nbme 7 offline month before 250
nbme 15 online 254 week before exam
exam was tough but got gud score.......i achieve my target score......thanks to ALLAH ALMIGHTY FOR HIS GREAT REHMAT

I recommend first aid and points of u world for last 2 weeks.........questions are more beneficial........do more and more questions.........if u want to ask anything msg me
edited by drnawazish on 7/10/2013

7/10/2013 10:18:46 AM
drnawazish wrote:

Congratulations!!

7/10/2013 11:02:55 AM
Congratulations you guys!!! Great scores!!

7/10/2013 1:04:18 PM
SohaibKhan wrote:
kaplan series and goljan patho are still best for the foundations..

Which products specifically do you mean by Kaplan series?? The lectures that costs 9,000 USD??? Or the notes??? I cannot afford the class but I need something more than just Qbank...

7/10/2013 2:19:23 PM
DHvK wrote:
drnawazish wrote:

Congratulations!!

Congratulations! With full time job---you are great! Today I got my score, 233. First I thought that I did not get very good score but good. But now comparing with you all, I am so upset! I should study more. I am a mother of two kids and full time researcher, it was hard for me. Anyway, once again congratulations to all who passed these difficult steps.

7/10/2013 2:23:18 PM
Exsecratus wrote:
SohaibKhan wrote:
kaplan series and goljan patho are still best for the foundations..

Which products specifically do you mean by Kaplan series?? The lectures that costs 9,000 USD??? Or the notes??? I cannot afford the class but I need something more than just Qbank...

lectures cost 9000 USD !?!? oh man.. Thank God we had other means of having them here ! well i primarily meant the notes.. physio phrama biochem and behavioural notes are best .. ! amongst the lectures.. phrama biochem and behvioural sciences lectures were very helpful for me .. !

7/10/2013 2:41:17 PM
Congrats to all of u.....plz guide me how u guys manage to get such grt scores......

7/11/2013 12:29:32 AM
drnawazish wrote:

hey ..congratulations ... did u do any Kaplan Qbank series ??
and how long did it take for u to prep for step 1
my subscription expires on 17th july .... i have heard its not recommended to give alot of time between Uworld and exam date ?? is it ??
edited by rabiabhalli on 7/11/2013

7/11/2013 2:14:44 PM
DHvK wrote:
drnawazish wrote:

Congratulations!!

tx a lot.............congrats to u also...........

7/11/2013 2:22:27 PM
RuMi29916547 wrote:
DHvK wrote:
drnawazish wrote:

Congratulations!!

Congratulations! With full time job---you are great! Today I got my score, 233. First I thought that I did not get very good score but good. But now comparing with you all, I am so upset! I should study more. I am a mother of two kids and full time researcher, it was hard for me. Anyway, once again congratulations to all who passed these difficult steps.

233 is not bad either.....infact my aim was just cross 230...........and many many congrats to u also for having such a gud score with kids.........i think kids r most diificult job than research or any other job.....gud luck

7/11/2013 2:28:01 PM
rabiabhalli wrote:
drnawazish wrote:

my subscription expires on 17th july .... i have heard its not recommended to give alot of time between Uworld and exam date ?? is it ??

u world is the best.............i did some kaplan q bank but i think as all other say its not worthy........i took 14 month in which 7 month v v v slow pace next 7 month gud pace.......gud pace i mean 6 to 8 hr study 6 days a week........in first 7 month just read path phy anat........next rest of books revision and online u world...........

7/11/2013 9:47:06 PM
drnawazish wrote:
rabiabhalli wrote:
drnawazish wrote:

u world is the best.............i did some kaplan q bank but i think as all other say its not worthy........i took 14 month in which 7 month v v v slow pace next 7 month gud pace.......gud pace i mean 6 to 8 hr study 6 days a week........in first 7 month just read path phy anat........next rest of books revision and online u world...........

7/11/2013 10:00:57 PM
wow, 14 solid months! thats a lot of motivation. Studied approximately 4 months, then, chiefly questions(UWORLD) for 6 weeks after that. Then boom, exam. the funny bit of it is that i knew i wasnt really ready for the exam. My genetics wasnt very solid, but i just wished i am not heavily tested on Genetics....but hey, i could never be any more wrong, i think i got all the **** load of genetics thrown at me. From clinical scenario, to finding the missing gene, to establishing appropriate screening plan/strategy for a family with suspected genetic disease, boy i knew i was a trouble....lol
But, thank God, didnt do too badly, 233. When i left the exam i was begging God to atleast lemme get a 230...guess he answered me!
But putting it all in perspective, just over 5 months of execution, full time work in the Emergency Department, 6 years post grad,...Well, not sure if i did badly.
good luck every one
edited by Naijaboy on 7/11/2013

7/12/2013 3:08:38 PM
Naijaboy wrote:
wow, 14 solid months! thats a lot of motivation. Studied approximately 4 months, then, chiefly questions(UWORLD) for 6 weeks after that. Then boom, exam. the funny bit of it is that i knew i wasnt really ready for the exam. My genetics wasnt very solid, but i just wished i am not heavily tested on Genetics....but hey, i could never be any more wrong, i think i got all the **** load of genetics thrown at me. From clinical scenario, to finding the missing gene, to establishing appropriate screening plan/strategy for a family with suspected genetic disease, boy i knew i was a trouble....lol
But, thank God, didnt do too badly, 233. When i left the exam i was begging God to atleast lemme get a 230...guess he answered me!
But putting it all in perspective, just over 5 months of execution, full time work in the Emergency Department, 6 years post grad,...Well, not sure if i did badly.
good luck every one

Congrats!!What did you study with in the first Four months before UWORLD?

7/12/2013 3:43:53 PM
thank you....

For the first few weeks i did basic med sciences. So, i started with Biochemistry(which took me almost 3 weeks to cover. Then, Microbiology and immunology together took me similar length(i.e 3weeks plus). Then Pharmacology, completed it in 10 days or less but had to do it twice again immediately cos most of the things i had read had disappeared from my old brain..lol.
Now, for the biochem i used FA and Lippincolt side by side. i tried to understand every Biochem concept in FA thats wasnt clear enough by reading it up in Lippincolt. And in cases where lippincolt might be deficient as well, i went online.
For Microbiology, immunology and Pharmacology, it was First Aid over and again.Again augmenting with online resources.
By the time i was through with all four basic Medical science ,i was already towards end of Feb 2013. So i started System Pathology. i found myself jostling to and fro checking bio, immunological, pharmacological concepts everytime i see a correlation in the system.
As soon as i completed the second read of the System Pathology, i started the UWorld. In hindsight, i should have started after the first read, because UWorld is the cement that brings some sense to all learned concepts.
Obviously i must have been on some form of steroids when you like at the time frame of execution...lol.
i hope this helps
edited by Naijaboy on 7/12/2013

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK