personal onfo of Pinomontalbano

6/29/2013 6:43:29 PM
Hi guys, does anybody out there has a personal info of the guy Pinomontalbano??
He was very often on the Forum, and he also put his own info when he offered tutoring, but I cannot find him any more.
He was great in offering all kind of advices and information.
If anybody has, please pass it over to me.
Thank you, Dusha

6/29/2013 9:22:51 PM
hi dusha.. yes even i was looking for him.. btw wen r u taking step 1??

6/29/2013 11:22:53 PM
I had my exam on Thursday, two days ago. It wasn't that difficult, and it is definitely doable as Citomegalovirus put it on post couple of days ago.
If you worked hard, and if you put all your effort to do it, than you will realize too that it is doable.
Questions were not long in the text, layout on the screen the same as in UW, so you really can feel like you are at home doing your UW as you are doing it every day.
Somebody put on the forum recently that they are changing exam and making it more difficult. I don't know what exactly that means, but i didn't find it difficult.
My advise is to do as many NBME and UW multiple times, because I had one q from NBME 7, exactly the same, and one q from UW also the same.
Work hard, and be confident and everything will be great.
I am just looking for Pinomontalbano, I need his advices for further actions.

6/30/2013 12:30:46 AM
Way to go Dusha! I sent a message to pinomontalbano after my test. Have not received a reply as yet. I guess he has abandoned us poor test takers. Pino please come back, we need your advice.

6/30/2013 10:54:20 AM
okay..i need your help.. i have read first aid once.. doing u world now.. finished around 50% with a cumulative score of 69%.. it was around 71% earlier.. last 4 blocks i got scores like 57 ,63 63 63% this has really threatened me.. i have scheduled my exam by august last week.. i dont know if i ll be ready by that time !! i badly need 240+.. wat do u think i should do now to charge my confidence and scores?? is it tat am worrying too much unnecessarily???

6/30/2013 3:11:04 PM
Shirdi, If you are aiming 240, than I don't think you will be ready for August, and depend what part of August, maybe the late couple of days.
Until you are solid 75% in UW and read FA couple of times, I don't believe you can get that score.
Remember, you are getting advice from somebody who don't know if I passed or not, I just took my exam.
People have different learning abilities and can memorize with different speed.
I did my UW questions twice, all of them with special attention on marked once, and going through incorrect again.
I read my FA more than couple of times, because I Was not familiar with a lot of things ( I am an old IMG) some parts less than the other, because I was strong in Embryology, psychiatry, and reproductive, I passed only twice, the other parts 5-7 times to get really familiar. I did 3 NBME tests, but my advise is to do them all, because easily you can get questions from NBME, as I did.
So, you have to be honest to yourself and to do your best. Take one NBME, see what is your score, and make decision.
For example, my UW showed me that I am fine with Physiology, but all 3 test NBME that I took showed me that I am actually weak in Physio, so I payed special attention to that.
Do couple of NBMEs, and you will know where you are standing.
Good luck
Dusha

7/2/2013 9:20:20 AM
Thank you dusha. Plannin to take nbme this week..

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK