Step 2CS Philadelphia Experience

6/12/2013 6:21:53 PM
Well, I never thought I would be writing a post like this...but I took Step 2 CS after 2 months of preparation and failed!
I used Kaplan, First Aid for USMLE and UWorld step 2. I practiced with two live partners and went through all the cases in First Aid.

I passed the ICE and the spoken English with the bars at the extreme right, i.e. well above borderline.

However, I failed the CIS-- communications and interpersonal skills. Strange, as I have been in clinical practice in for 10 years. And I passed step 1 and step 2CK

Theories on why I failed:
1. I ran out of time on one of the stations and could not counsel the patient.
2. I auscultated a patient who was having some pain with breathing...I did this twice, then I stopped
3. Did not clean off stethoscope with alcohol swab.
4. Forgot to wash hands once, then remembered and went and washed hands mid physical exam.

I don't know, I did not think any of the above were egregious errors leading to a fail!

I am asking for a re-check on my score. I also asked for feedback and they would not give me any.

Any advice would be appreciated!
Thanks
edited by MonicaMitra on 6/12/2013

7/3/2013 11:35:20 AM
bump

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK