Should I take my exam this week

5/20/2013 4:40:31 PM
I dont know if I should take the exam this week or if I should take 2 more weeks for review

NBME 12 (4 weeks before) 430
NBME 15 (2 weeks before) 480
NBME 13 (yesterday) 440
UWqbank 70% (100% completed)

I fail the first time I took the step 1, this time I need to get a good score

Any suggestions will be helpful

Thanks

5/21/2013 2:07:53 PM
no postpone it 1 month. but in that month you have to go insane and raise your NBME score to 500+

then you will get a great score on your real test.

5/21/2013 2:57:07 PM
pinomontalbano wrote:
no postpone it 1 month. but in that month you have to go insane and raise your NBME score to 500+

then you will get a great score on your real test.

Thanks Pinomontalbo!!

I already took 5,7 (fist attempt) 12,15,13 this time so I don't know if NBME 11 is going to be predictive enough

5/21/2013 7:24:17 PM
it looks to me like you know what's going on and that you will definitely pass your exam, but you said you want a decent score. so i would postpone my exam for about a month and go over u-world and first aid at a quicker paces. over and over again. maybe 5x on first aid. make sure you do those rapid reviews in the back those help a lot too.

i wouldn't take the real exam just yet until your score on your nbme's gets into the 500s, BUT you're very close...i'd say 3-5 weeks away. but don't extend it past that...you'll start burning out and not want to study at the 4 week point. just go insane for 1 more month and go take your exam. fast.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK