exam

5/16/2013 8:50:54 PM
Hello guys
Took my step 1. Is it true that if you do well in block your next block will get more difficult? My 1st block was so easy but rest of my exam was nightmare … I hope I pass.

5/16/2013 10:35:50 PM
Good luck for your result! Keep up posted..
Any tips?

5/16/2013 10:56:07 PM
wish u success in the exam.
please can you tell if the exam is similar to the nbme or uworld questions or they are more difficult?

5/17/2013 10:18:51 AM
no it's not true. all the questions you got are random. even if someone is sitting next to you is taking part 1. you're questions won't be the same. if you think the questions from part 1 were difficult...it means you weren't prepared well enough. some blocks are hard some blocks are easy. it's all up to the random question generator.

5/17/2013 10:22:02 AM
We just want to know if the questions are similar in the level of difficulty. Any tips from whomever has already taken the exam woild be great!

5/17/2013 10:27:34 AM
yes the difficultly level is the same...they actually might be a little easier than NBME, but you have to know things cold...there is really no way of guessing correctly..either you know it or you don't. so keep reviewing first aid. i just got my results wednesday and i passed. so i'm happy.

know the concept of what's going on..understand what is going on in the question's situation.

5/17/2013 11:38:06 AM
Hello
I agree with pinomontalbano, I believe my exam were way much more difficult than NBME n Uworld, I had so much bio and pharma make sure you know drugs and its action. Each block had 10 to 15 research based Qs. Behavioral and ethics Qs were all over.
edited by sharifshah on 5/17/2013

5/17/2013 12:02:39 PM
yes. you just described the test. of course there is going to be a lot of pharma. u-world itself has 300 something pharma questions. biochem is high yield even immunology is high yield now. this is why you need to do first aid and u-world about 5x. then you will be okay. you just need to keep repeating and learning these concepts. know all the explanations of u-world and know first aid inside out. it's a simple exam to take you just have to know everything from first aid.

i think the real exam is easier than nbme...but harder than u-world...but similar.

5/17/2013 1:44:27 PM
Thank you.
And congrats pinomontalbano!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK