Never used First Aid...Advice?

4/25/2013 7:20:46 PM
I have never used First Aid in school, nor in preparation. I have been using my Kaplan review books and Goljan RR book/audios. Can anyone give me some guidance for the final 4 weeks of my Step 1 preparation?

UW First Pass Timed/Unused = 70%

NBME 13 (early March 2013) = 210

NBME 15 (April 22, 2013) = 228

Should I use First Aid for the final 4 weeks? Or should I continue to use the sources I've been using and am comfortable with? I just feel so weird with all my friends telling me I'm nuts for never looking into First Aid.

So...would I leaving points on the table by not looking at it? Or would it seem more likely that opening an un-edited, brand new First Aid with 4 weeks to go would totally derail me?

Thoughts?

4/26/2013 12:18:40 PM
Your scores are impressive but you do seem worried about NOT going through FA...You seem to have a good base...and if you do go through it quickly it would be easy and fast for you...because you already know the facts and it would be like a revision for you and it would ease your anxiety.

5/3/2013 7:18:15 PM
I took the exam 2 weeks ago without even looking at First Aid. I did Kaplan 2 times and felt Like I could get an easy 250 on the actual exam. Do not panic at all and stick with whatever feels right for you. DO IT YOUR WAY

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK