I Passed!!!!!

4/25/2013 1:43:29 PM
Hi All,
I recently got my step 1 score and I passed. I'm most thankful to God for His grace during the period of my study. I also found many posts on this forum very helpful and that is y I've decided to share sm helpful tips as it could encourage someone

>It could be a hard long road but You must never give up, stay in the fight. You have what it takes to win so even if u feel like you're abt to go crazy, u hv to press on to the end

>It is most important to trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean not on your own understanding, as u acknowledge Him in all ur ways, He will direct your paths.

> Know ur uworld and FA inside out. The exam seemed similar to uworld qs. Don't follow the trend of counting how many times u went over any material. What is important is how well u understand and remember what you have done.

> Know ur weakness and do not neglects ur strength. Its common to give less attention to what you think you are good and eventually neglecting it.

> Make sure u have a good understanding of all subjects b4 diving into FA. Sm just study FA and uworld bcos that was what another person did and passed, forgetting we're all different and are at diff levels of our career. If one person just finishe basic sc and is preping for the exam, while another did basic sc 5yrs ago, should they both study the same way?
But i observe this trend in many people which is to their own detriment. Be wise!!

>If you have studied for a long time with little progress, its time to review ur strategy. ITs not how long but how well.
You may need to take a short break, after ur break, do not continue d same pattern. develop a new strategy. Step out of ur comfort zone and get to the job. Review materials outside ur regular study books, broaden ur knowledge. You dont hv to read a whole book but focus on trouble areas to expand ur knowledge abt those concepts b4 u return to FA
I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST AS YOU PREPARE FOR YOUR EXAMS
Jia you!!!!

4/25/2013 2:22:28 PM
tdangana wrote:
Hi All,
I recently got my step 1 score and I passed. I'm most thankful to God for His grace during the period of my study. I also found many posts on this forum very helpful and that is y I've decided to share sm helpful tips as it could encourage someone

>It could be a hard long road but You must never give up, stay in the fight. You have what it takes to win so even if u feel like you're abt to go crazy, u hv to press on to the end

>It is most important to trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean not on your own understanding, as u acknowledge Him in all ur ways, He will direct your paths.

> Know ur uworld and FA inside out. The exam seemed similar to uworld qs. Don't follow the trend of counting how many times u went over any material. What is important is how well u understand and remember what you have done.

> Know ur weakness and do not neglects ur strength. Its common to give less attention to what you think you are good and eventually neglecting it.

> Make sure u have a good understanding of all subjects b4 diving into FA. Sm just study FA and uworld bcos that was what another person did and passed, forgetting we're all different and are at diff levels of our career. If one person just finishe basic sc and is preping for the exam, while another did basic sc 5yrs ago, should they both study the same way?
But i observe this trend in many people which is to their own detriment. Be wise!!

>If you have studied for a long time with little progress, its time to review ur strategy. ITs not how long but how well.
You may need to take a short break, after ur break, do not continue d same pattern. develop a new strategy. Step out of ur comfort zone and get to the job. Review materials outside ur regular study books, broaden ur knowledge. You dont hv to read a whole book but focus on trouble areas to expand ur knowledge abt those concepts b4 u return to FA
I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST AS YOU PREPARE FOR YOUR EXAMS
Jia you!!!!

I am very happy for you!!! Congrats!!!
Thanks for all your insights and tips. But what impress me the most is your faith and recognizing the importance of God in your success. You are absolutely correct!. We, simple human beings tend to believe that a good result in a test (specially these we have to face as doctors) is just because we are smart and studied hard, forgetting the power the Lord gives us to do it.
You will do great in your career!!!

4/25/2013 2:32:56 PM
Congrats
your insights are very encouraging and very helpful...all the points are so straight from soul. Thank you so much for taking time to post this...I wish you a GREAT future ahead...You are a good human being and it radiates from your post.

4/26/2013 12:36:11 AM
Congratulations on your success!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK