UWorld on Windows 8

2/19/2013 6:07:03 PM
I came across a problem today; inability of UWorld step 1 to load on windows 8. I thought this was an inability of windows 8and java to run the program. The folks at the UWorld help desk could not really help saying that as long as java was launching that their program would work. The problem really was the INABILITY of JAVA 7 u13 to run UWorld. I thank the forum members who suggested that we should uninstall JAVA 7 and install JAVA 6; thank goodness it worked. JAVA should be made aware of this and tweak JAVA 7.

2/19/2013 6:34:17 PM
this is a really stupid post. why don't you email this to the owners of u-world and explain what is going on to them.
why do you have to post this in the forum...

2/19/2013 9:45:46 PM
i agree with MR P....

2/20/2013 12:54:30 AM
MR Pee better be a social instructor and teaches people how to talk and live!

2/20/2013 8:23:57 AM
pinomontalbano wrote:
this is a really stupid post. why don't you email this to the owners of u-world and explain what is going on to them.

I spent a whole day (from study time) trying to set u-world q/bank up and practice my questions and it didn't work. I sent u-world messages and their replies dint help me, i even went as far as contacting microsoft which was just some more waste of my time and i came to the forum and realized i wasn't the only one facing this problem. Some guys had given up on u-world q/bank coz of this and i got the solution that worked for me from the forum members. However some 'smart' people like you think some people are stupid saying the things they say in order to help others but don't realize how stupid they sound writing rude posts like that! so much for having forum that should help you prepare better for the exam. Gudluck to you Mr P.

2/20/2013 5:01:57 PM
nnomikay wrote:
pinomontalbano wrote:

I spent a whole day (from study time) trying to set u-world q/bank up and practice my questions and it didn't work. I sent u-world messages and their replies dint help me, i even went as far as contacting microsoft which was just some more waste of my time and i came to the forum and realized i wasn't the only one facing this problem. Some guys had given up on u-world q/bank coz of this and i got the solution that worked for me from the forum members. However some 'smart' people like you think some people are stupid saying the things they say in order to help others but don't realize how stupid they sound writing rude posts like that! so much for having forum that should help you prepare better for the exam. Gudluck to you Mr P.

I must say you are a life-saver. I have been looking for a way out of this and you really helped. Please just ignore people who do not have common social skills. Thank you

6/4/2013 7:43:24 AM
you are a life saver dude. i had the same problem. ignore all the bunch of losers:p

7/11/2013 2:15:11 PM
I found this post right away when I faced the problem and it was incredible helpful, thank you for posting.

10/11/2013 11:27:33 PM
nnomikay wrote:
I came across a problem today; inability of UWorld step 1 to load on windows 8. I thought this was an inability of windows 8and java to run the program. The folks at the UWorld help desk could not really help saying that as long as java was launching that their program would work. The problem really was the INABILITY of JAVA 7 u13 to run UWorld. I thank the forum members who suggested that we should uninstall JAVA 7 and install JAVA 6; thank goodness it worked. JAVA should be made aware of this and tweak JAVA 7.

Hello there, is there any way you can help me with this problem. I just purchased a new laptop that has windows 8 and i am having the same java issues. please email me at [email protected] thank you!
edited by on 10/11/2013

10/20/2013 3:22:00 AM
Thank you very much nnomikay. This is very useful post. Ignore others, you did the best thing.

12/7/2013 9:09:51 AM
extremely helpful post.
thank you so much

12/12/2013 1:14:21 PM
AShamia wrote:
extremely helpful post.
thank you so much

Hi, I am having a similar problem with my Windows 8. I am also having trouble finding a link to download Java 6 since it is an older version and unavailable on the Java website. Does anyone have a link?

Thank you so much

1/2/2014 10:13:49 PM
nnomikay wrote:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! I was about to give up on this.

3/29/2014 5:18:22 PM
Wow! This post helped me so much, did pretty much the exact same thing you did before going to the forum for help. I really appreciate you taking the time to post your solution to this problem.

7/18/2014 11:32:41 PM
Windows 8 and Java 7 are compatible for Qbank. Follow the instructions in the following youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR9w3HbvaBA

Basically, you have to open the .jnlp file with the java webstart application.

2/15/2015 7:28:50 PM
nnomikay wrote:

2/15/2015 7:29:49 PM
nnomikay wrote:

HI, I am having the same proble with instalign java on windows 8.1. when it install it keeps asking with what app do I want to open it with. Did this happen to you?

2/15/2015 8:41:52 PM
Thank you @nnmikay for referring which java version to install after I spent the entire day trying to install java and application. After I installed version 6 I was able to install version 8. I looked on youtube and gives you the exact how to steps to do it and how to incorporate it into your C:.
Once again thank you for the insight.

6/1/2017 4:26:23 PM
mwwebb1 wrote:
Windows 8 and Java 7 are compatible for Qbank. Follow the instructions in the following youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR9w3HbvaBA

Basically, you have to open the .jnlp file with the java webstart application.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! This was so helpful. My Mac just died so I needed to switch to my Surface that is running on Windows 10! Thank you thank you thank you!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK