advice on step 2 cs re- take

10/15/2009 2:37:05 PM
i need an advice fro step 2 cs retake. got my score report yesterday and i was ****ed at the evaluation they gave me. I passed both interpersonal skills and english proficiency.And failed in the clinical encounter part. When I looked at the detailed summary of my performance, I was in high performance in patient note, questioning skills, ifo. sharing, prof. manner and english. To me, the evaluation is just inconsistent because how can they grade me a high score in patient note and questioning skills if I did poorly in my data gathering. In all 12 SP's in Houston testing center, I did thorough physical examinations and even did specific tests like: obturator,psoas, murphy's sign when it was required. I based my questioning using the mnemonic: SIQORAAA and and asked for past medical and surgical histories. Family & social history, drug use, occupation, diet, exercise and sleeping habits. When I encountered femlae SP's: I extracted detailed gyn. history and with my male SP's with history of alcohol use, I asked what kind, their consumption and even did the CAGE questions to those whose intake was too much. I also had a phone call case and did the ON CALL IDIOT mnemonic for questioning. I reviewed both USMLE first AID CS and used kaplan notes from a friend who took the live lecture and passed the CS two months ago. I even had mock exams with my husband as a SP in a clinic he works at to simulate the exam. What else can I do to pass this exam?

3/26/2011 7:39:20 PM
I faile last yr with same problem.......this doesn't make sense at all. I try again this year

2/2/2014 2:58:50 PM
Sounds like you were on the right track. I failed the first time then for the second time around I took the Gold cs prep and passed with flying colors. I had a SP the first time that was located near me and we met up and practiced together, I really thought I would do well. Not the case. The feedback I received while taking the Gold course was invaluable. Just dont give up, it will be easier next time.
edited by on 2/2/2014

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK