Need some advise please....working mom

8/13/2012 6:55:46 AM
I am a working mum and want to start preparing for the step 2ck.please I need advise on the materials to study and on how long it will take me to prepare if I study everyday except for the weekends.thanks

8/13/2012 8:50:55 AM
trish29 wrote:
I am a working mum and want to start preparing for the step 2ck.please I need advise on the materials to study and on how long it will take me to prepare if I study everyday except for the weekends.thanks

Hi,
I'm a working mom too (IMG). I will suggest you use as materials: the notes from Kaplan, the MTB 2(master the board step2) and the Qbank from UW. Then at the end of your preparation you should take the self assessments from NBME and UW to identify your weakness and guide your last review before the big day. Now regarding how long it will take you, I'm not the right person to give you advice. It depends on how fast you study, for how many hours a weekday and what score you aiming...I study slowly, for example after a test on UW I go over all the questions both correct and incorrect, then I go back to the Kplan notes to review each concept and sometimes I even do some research on Wikipedia and take notes if I feel the need to. I study everyday except Sat (time for kids and my family) and I work during the week but not full-time. It's gonna be a year since I'm doing that, my exam is in 2 months.
Sa far I've felt pretty confident, except that the exam pattern has change recently (August 1st 2012) and the feedbacks I had so far make me very nervous, seems like it's different from what we use to see on UW. Anyway it has to be the same concepts....medicine stays medicine.

8/13/2012 8:40:41 PM
Thanks so much .that helps a lot

8/16/2012 12:00:27 PM
trish29 wrote:

Hi!!
i recently got the score for Step 2CK.
its 244
on the old scale it is 99 but in the new one it is 84. just let me know how long each day you are planning to study. and i may help you out
waiting
if possible then you can mail me on : [email protected]

8/16/2012 5:26:04 PM
Im a working mom too, what's new in Step 2 ck now?

8/18/2012 12:05:09 PM
MaIg59845170 wrote:
Im a working mom too, what's new in Step 2 ck now?

nothing new specially
8 blocks with either 42 or 44 question.
if you have drug ad or any abstract question then it will have 42 questionin the block. other wise there will be 44.
what else?????????????????

9/4/2012 3:54:14 AM
So what is the 3 digit passing score? I tried doing the UWSA and i got 400/192, just being curious of how much knowledge I gained after 2nd round of UW and first reading of MTB and Kaplan. Will you guys help me what else to do? I'm planning to do second reading of MTB and Kaplan notes. I'm getting depressed after my self assessment.

9/4/2012 11:04:40 AM
[quote=MaIg59845170]So what is the 3 digit passing score? I tried doing the UWSA and i got 400/192, just being curious of how much knowledge I gained after 2nd round of UW and first reading of MTB and Kaplan. Will you guys help me what else to do? I'm planning to do second reading of MTB and Kaplan notes. I'm getting depressed after my self assessment.[/quot

3 DIGIT PASSING SCORE IS 175. 192 IS NOT BAD. I MYSELF GOT 207. YOU ARE JUST DOING GOOD. HAVE FAITH IN YOURSELF. AND PLEASE DONT GET DEPRESSED AND DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.............
BY THE WAY YOU HAVEN'T REPLIED MY MAIL YET........
CAN I KNOW THE REASON??

9/4/2012 1:01:32 PM
Jitu

Oh i haven't check your email yet, so busy this day working, studying and tending to my kids. Thanks for your reply it gave me a boost. Now I'm planning to start again on UW for 3rd round and review Kaplan notes and MTB. Do you think it's ok to take USWA again? Will it be the same questions like the first time i took it? What NBME should I take and when? Thanks!

9/6/2012 10:24:17 AM
MaIg59845170 wrote:
Jitu

Oh i haven't check your email yet, so busy this day working, studying and tending to my kids. Thanks for your reply it gave me a boost. Now I'm planning to start again on UW for 3rd round and review Kaplan notes and MTB. Do you think it's ok to take USWA again? Will it be the same questions like the first time i took it? What NBME should I take and when? Thanks!

YES YOU CAN TAKE USWA AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT. I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE MTB. I NEVER HAD IT. AND THE SAME FOR NBME. I HAVE NO IDEA. YOU CAN TAKE IT ANYTIME WITHIN 1 MONTH OF YOUR EXAM.
AND PLEASE CHECK YOUR MAIL AND DO REPLY AT THE EARLIEST POSSIBLE.
THANKS

4/30/2014 2:36:20 AM
I'm single and have enough trouble taking care of myself (some days). Couldn't imagine what it would be like to walk in your shoes. Hang in there and know that it will be worth the dedication!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK