Urgent Advice! Low NBME Form 4 score.

8/2/2012 6:46:19 AM
Hello everyone,

I gave the NBME form 4 today and got a low score 440 which relates to 216. A week ago, I gave UWSA and got 610 which relates to 242. My overall UW Q bank is 67% correct.

I am very confused by this. I don't know what to do right now or what to expect in the real exam which is only a week away on 9th August. I am seriously considering delaying the exam and I don't know of that is possible on such a short notice.

8/2/2012 10:45:20 AM
I have similar experience,too.
I gave nbme2 yesterday and got 410:209
UWSA was 232 last month.
Dont think it does have any correlation.
Exam in ten days.
Like to hear some comments from who had their real exam results.

8/2/2012 8:40:25 PM
Thanks for your reply dude. I am not delaying the exam. I got the offline form 4 and realised that I made silly mistakes with some answers and had problems with recall. I have got 6 days and damn well I am going to make up for that. Wish you all the best and me too!

8/2/2012 11:32:43 PM
Tushar wrote:
Thanks for your reply dude. I am not delaying the exam. I got the offline form 4 and realised that I made silly mistakes with some answers and had problems with recall. I have got 6 days and damn well I am going to make up for that. Wish you all the best and me too!

Any thoughts on Kaplan simulated test? I did that today and got 64%. Not sure how well it correlates, but have read in multiple places that its just a passing score on the step. Very disappointed!! I had gotten 242 on UWSA just 2 days ago! very confusing...exam in 2 weeks !

8/3/2012 11:44:14 PM
I had the same experience. UWSA>NBME 3. I e-mailed Kaplan after taking Kaplan assessment, they said they don't have exact score correlations, but >65% is passing. Where did you get the offline NBME with answers? Please direct me. Thanks and Good luck!

8/5/2012 11:52:59 PM
Thanks for the reply. I am not thinking much about what score I am going to get. Just that 5 months of hard labour shouldn't amount to nothing. My parents cheered me up and also a big thank you to you guys. Just go for it. And don't think about the self assessments. They might dampen your spirits and no one wants that happening one week before the exam. All the best guys! Give it your best!

11/7/2012 1:23:28 PM
Tushar wrote:
Hello everyone,

I gave the NBME form 4 today and got a low score 440 which relates to 216. A week ago, I gave UWSA and got 610 which relates to 242. My overall UW Q bank is 67% correct.

I am very confused by this. I don't know what to do right now or what to expect in the real exam which is only a week away on 9th August. I am seriously considering delaying the exam and I don't know of that is possible on such a short notice.

I got the same score on my NBME and was curious how your actual exam experience was and if the NBME/UWSA were accurate in predicting your actual score. My exam is in 7 days so any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

11/7/2012 1:23:47 PM
AyBa61194353 wrote:
I have similar experience,too.
I gave nbme2 yesterday and got 410:209
UWSA was 232 last month.
Dont think it does have any correlation.
Exam in ten days.
Like to hear some comments from who had their real exam results.

I got the same score on my NBME and was curious how your actual exam experience was and if the NBME/UWSA were accurate in predicting your actual score. My exam is in 7 days so any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

4/16/2013 10:22:21 AM
Tushar wrote:
Hello everyone,

Hi Tushar,
I am in the same situation you were. MY UWSA score says 247 while nbme form 2 predicts 228. I am very confused as well as shocked. I wud really appreciated if you have some advice regarding the situation. Should i postpone the exam or trust uwsa score and go for it? What does your experience say?

4/17/2013 11:44:44 AM
UWSA is just more questions that you have never seen before. what ever your UWSA is minus 20 points from it and that will be closer to your real score. so if you got a 242 on it...i'd say your score is somewhere around 220-222.

make sure to save nbme 4 til like 2 days before your exam.

3 is weird. i remember 4 and 2 being the closest indicator to the real test.
they are getting rid of NBME 1 in 10 days. it's obsolete now, but still you can buy it and do some questions. the more questions you do the better your real test will be.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK