Passed NCLEX - Not the best UWorlder

9/11/2020 11:36:25 PM
Hi everyone. I wanted to share my accomplishment with everyone and give some hope where people feel it might be slipping, or are not feeling like they're good enough...

I graduated from an accelerated nursing program in 14 months with a 3.92 gpa... Good student, set my priorities, studied, trusted my gut. Not the smartest, but I put in the work... sometimes...

I ranked in the 34th percentile on UWorld. I would barely score 30-40% on ~40 question tests. Slowly over time this increased to 40-50%, but I remained in a very low percentile. One day I'd do 23 questions, the next I'd do 45. Never set a schedule, just did questions when I felt like it. 5a can't sleep? I'd do 5 questions... 10p should have gone to bed? Did 20 questions... I finished about 800 questions in roughly 2 weeks and listened to roughly 7 out of the 12 Mark Klimek lectures and read the study guide that coincided with it. I never took the prep tests.

On the morning of the test, ate some eggs and toast, drove 45 minutes to the testing facility, and approached the day as just any other.

The NCLEX is a bit of a mutation. It's so different from any tests you take in school. It's vaguely specific, random, and in my opinion silly sometimes. I'll have a pharm question I've never heard of, then, "When the nurse assesses the RUQ, what organ are they assessing?"... It's very bizarre and random. The most important part though, is you getting in the way of yourself. During school I would never look at what question I was on, and take everything one at a time. Stay present, in the moment. I always thought this helped with anxiety. I did the same on the NCLEX, so I don't know exactly what question I passed, but I had to use the bathroom (anxiety pee!) so bad, I looked and and I was on question 84. It was shortly after that I passed.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, what Mark Klimek says in his videos. "You don't have to know everything, you just have to know what everyone else does" (I'm paraphrasing here). I wasn't the smartest in my cohort, nor was I the least. Could I have studied more for the NCLEX? Absolutely! Could I always have studied more in school? Absolutely. That's life. You were in nursing school for however long you were. You already know everything that is going to be on the NCLEX (except for the oddballs, but Mark Klimek says, they know no one knows that and some of those extremely hard questions don't count anyway). Trust your gut. Always trust your gut. I changed a few answers (I know I know!) and after the test I checked and of course, second guessing myself made me choose the wrong answer.

I don't know if this will help anyone. I'm just trying to show that you don't have to be in the 95th percentile on UWorld to pass the NCLEX. There is life, and then there are tests. Two completely different things. Don't measure yourself by tests. Measure yourself by your gut.
edited by on 9/11/2020
edited by on 9/11/2020

9/22/2020 3:54:33 PM
Congratulations. I have truly been my own worse enemy. I failed quit a few times and felt defeated and backed away. Now I'm slowly coming back in.

7/7/2023 7:22:25 AM
Upholstery sewing machines with a drop feed feature are excellent for free-motion quilting or adding decorative stitches to upholstery projects. It allows for more creative possibilities. https://sofiasewing.com/best-sewing-machine-for-making-clothes/

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK