My experience

10/10/2018 5:31:55 AM
I don’t believe nursing school prepared me at all.

I rocked uworld. Kinda.
I was in the 89th percentile. I started out in the 50-60’s. Ended up in 70’s consistently.
I practiced questions nearly everyday.
I read rationales. Correct and incorrect.
I set it to all questions, all subjects, all systems and did 75/day
I tried to go through incorrect questions every week or 2, limiting it to 50 each time I did it.
Assessment 1- high chance to pass
Assessment 2- very high

I used an old version of Mark Klimek. You can find his lectures online. Search for him on reddit or google his lectures and you will find them. I also found the print out version of it, quizlet versions of both the yellow and blue books. So with a little searching you can get them.
Mark was AMAZING!!! I learned so much from him. He makes things so easy to understand and put together.

VALARIAN ROOT.
buy you some.
Take it everyday.
It takes a couple of weeks to work, but it’s amazing. It’ll help keep your nerves cool and allows you to really focus .

I munched on blueberries, blackberries, avocado, and salmon.
For brain health

Everyday I told myself that I was gonna pass and I was a Registered Nurse. Power of positive affirmations.
Everyday I gave thanks for becoming a nurse. Power of gratitude.

Day before the exam I was busy with housework, yard work, shopping, etc.
I didn’t think much of the exam. I felt ready.

I woke up on test day morning and said “it’s a good day to become a nurse”

I didn’t think it looked exactly like uworld, nor did I think it was easier than uworld.
So many people said uworld was harder, but in my opinion, uworld was WAY easier.
Uworld will set the question up to educate you, so making the correct choice was easy.
The questions on the nclex did not.
Uworld app allows you to mark though wrong answers.
Nclex did not.
Half the time I didn’t even know what the nclex was asking me.
At the same time, nclex questions seemed very basic, almost generic, yet demanded critical thinking. This threw me off.
Most of the time, the questions seemed like they were everything but what uworld had included in their 2,000+ question bank.
I learn by using questions, so I know that uworld helped.
But I also wish it helped more.

I turned off the question counter, like you can do in uworld. So I don’t know how many questions I did.
I did not want to have my hopes be crushed if/when I passed 75.
It doesn’t matter how many questions you do, you just need to pass.
All you need to do is get to the hard questions. Once you’re there, stay there to prove you belong there.
Then the screen will shut off.

Well in my case, a case study came up and I had no idea what was going on.
Still don’t.

Heard horror stories about people freaking out before and after. Running out crying. VALARIAN ROOT. I was as cool as a cucumber. I went on with my day as if I didn’t just take a national exam. I walked out thinking it was hard, but I felt like I passed. No big deal.

I got the good pop up on PVT.
As of 10/10/18 I am officially a Registered Nurse

I also told no one of my test date.
I think this helped, a lot.
No added pressure.
No pep talk texts that end up making me more nervous.

Good luck and happy studying!
edited by on 10/15/2018

10/12/2018 10:14:20 PM
lqze163186 wrote:
I don’t believe nursing school prepared me at all.

I rocked uworld. Kinda.
I was in the 89th percentile. I started out in the 50-60’s. Ended up in 70’s consistently.
I practiced questions nearly everyday.
I read rationales. Correct and incorrect.
I set it to all questions, all subjects, all systems and did 75/day
I tried to go through incorrect questions every week or 2, limiting it to 50 each time I did it.
Assessment 1- high chance to pass
Assessment 2- very high

I used an old version of Mark Klimek. You can find his lectures online. Search for him on reddit or google his lectures and you will find them. I also found the print out version of it, quizlet versions of both the yellow and blue books. So with a little searching you can get them.
Mark was AMAZING!!! I learned so much from him. He makes things so easy to understand and put together.

VALARIAN ROOT.
buy you some.
Take it everyday.
It takes a couple of weeks to work, but it’s amazing. It’ll help keep your nerves cool and allows you to really focus .

I munched on blueberries, blackberries, avocado, and salmon.
For brain health

I didn’t think it looked exactly like uworld, nor did I think it was easier than uworld.
So many people said uworld was harder, but in my opinion, uworld was WAY easier.
Uworld will set the question up to educate you, so making the correct choice was easy.
The questions on the nclex did not.
Uworld app allows you to mark though wrong answers.
Nclex did not.
Half the time I didn’t even know what the nclex was asking me.
At the same time, nclex questions seemed very basic, almost generic, yet demanded critical thinking. This threw me off.
Most of the time, the questions seemed like they were everything but what uworld had included in their 2,000+ question bank.
I learn by using questions, so I know that uworld helped.
But I also wish it helped more.

I turned off the question counter, like you can do in uworld. So I don’t know how many questions I did.
I did not want to have my hopes be crushed if/when I passed 75.
It doesn’t matter how many questions you do, you just need to pass.
All you need to do is get to the hard questions. Once you’re there, stay there to prove you belong there.
Then the screen will shut off.

Well in my case, a case study came up and I had no idea what was going on.
Still don’t.

Heard horror stories about people freaking out before and after. Running out crying. VALARIAN ROOT. I was as cool as a cucumber. I went on with my day as if I didn’t just take a national exam. I walked out thinking it was hard, but I felt like I passed. No big deal.

I got the good pop up on PVT.
As of 10/1018 I am officially a Registered Nurse

I also told no one of my test date.
I think this helped, a lot.
No added pressure.
No pep talk texts that end up making me more nervous.

Good luck and happy studying!
edited by on 10/11/2018

10/20/2018 12:14:57 AM
Congrats RN! You're so POSITIVE and you know what they said POSITIVE PEOPLE is contagious lol.
You deserved to have that RN after your name. All your hard work paid off. Thank you for sharing your success. I'm going to take my Nclex next week and kind off nervous and at the same time anxious. Any good advice, I will do appreciate it.

Btw, how do you turn off the time counter and can you able to do that too in actual exam? Just curious coz that's give me more anxiety, I think.. hahaha!

10/29/2018 10:15:05 PM
I’m sorry, I didn’t get notification that your responded till now. You prob already took your test, but to turn off the question counter is to click on it. I found this out accidentally when I was using uworld and it worked for me during the exam.
Thank you for saying such kind things. I do believe in the power of thought and belief. So believe you can and you will.
Chie50448617 wrote:
Congrats RN! You're so POSITIVE and you know what they said POSITIVE PEOPLE is contagious lol.
You deserved to have that RN after your name. All your hard work paid off. Thank you for sharing your success. I'm going to take my Nclex next week and kind off nervous and at the same time anxious. Any good advice, I will do appreciate it.

Btw, how do you turn off the time counter and can you able to do that too in actual exam? Just curious coz that's give me more anxiety, I think.. hahaha!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK