Best Way to Use UWorld NCLEX

10/9/2018 9:38:24 PM
My recommendation: Use TUTOR mode. Answer all the question in each subject area, in manageable chunks, by selecting UNUSED and a moderate number of questions until you get through the section. After you have completed all the questions in a section, go back and work through the INCORRECT. In this way, you will actually learn the material and begin to understand the rationales. Patterns will emerge.

After you have done a substantial number of questions (1200-1500) you can take the first practice test.

After you have done ALL of the questions AND worked through all the INCORRECTS, start over. If you don't have a reset option and don't want to pay for it, then again work subject by subject, breaking each subject down into the smallest number of questions you can. The largest it will make a test is 75 questions. If the breakdown has more than 75, just do 75 and move on to another section next. If you do more in the same section, you will get repeats. This method will help you see the greatest variety without repeats on your second time through.

Don't use "ALL" questions--go subject by subject. ALL is too varied and doesn't focus enough on each subject for you to learn the material. Even if you know nothing about a topic, you will learn sufficient by going through every question on the topic. Don't worry about simulating the NCLEX. You have two practice tests to do that (NB the questions on the practice tests are not in the Question Bank). Or do it after you have worked through every question and feel some degree of mastery. By using this method you will get a grasp of the content and a feel for the patterns. My friends and I used this approach and all passed in 75 or so questions.

10/23/2018 4:13:58 PM
Thank you, your post was very helpful! I'm the type of person that needs a schedule and plan. How many hour and days a week do you think you would say you studied? Did you use anything other than UWORLD?
Kristin

12/27/2019 10:38:12 AM
Thank you and good luck on your nursing journey !

12/30/2019 2:21:27 PM
ichi661295 wrote:
My recommendation: Use TUTOR mode. Answer all the question in each subject area, in manageable chunks, by selecting UNUSED and a moderate number of questions until you get through the section. After you have completed all the questions in a section, go back and work through the INCORRECT. In this way, you will actually learn the material and begin to understand the rationales. Patterns will emerge.

After you have done a substantial number of questions (1200-1500) you can take the first practice test.

After you have done ALL of the questions AND worked through all the INCORRECTS, start over. If you don't have a reset option and don't want to pay for it, then again work subject by subject, breaking each subject down into the smallest number of questions you can. The largest it will make a test is 75 questions. If the breakdown has more than 75, just do 75 and move on to another section next. If you do more in the same section, you will get repeats. This method will help you see the greatest variety without repeats on your second time through.

Don't use "ALL" questions--go subject by subject. ALL is too varied and doesn't focus enough on each subject for you to learn the material. Even if you know nothing about a topic, you will learn sufficient by going through every question on the topic. Don't worry about simulating the NCLEX. You have two practice tests to do that (NB the questions on the practice tests are not in the Question Bank). Or do it after you have worked through every question and feel some degree of mastery. By using this method you will get a grasp of the content and a feel for the patterns. My friends and I used this approach and all passed in 75 or so questions.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK