PASSED IN 75 ON APRIL 23!!!! THANK YOU UWORLD!!!

4/24/2018 3:01:48 PM
Hi guys,

You got this, stick to Uworld! Just sharing what I did in case it's helpful. I studied for 6 weeks, did 30 tests of 75 questions each in tutor mode, did entire question bank, spent entire day reading rationals and taking notes to help retain material. Printed out Hurst lab sheet and wrote other values on there for reference, read it before and at end every study session, repetition for memorization. Cumulative average 64 percent, 80th percentile, took RN test one day before NCLEX, 65 percent correct, 81st percentile. Did Hurst simulators as well, average 84 /125, but I find Hurst questions were easier than Uworld, so it's more valuable to prioritize learning Uworld rationales. Kaplan seems to be not as useful for passing NCLEX, as I gathered from other forums, Saunders is big but useful, I knew someone who used Saunders alone and passed in 75.

NCLEX: 75 questions with research questions after, 2 and half hours, 18 SATA, 1 math, 2 rearrange in order, no audio, point and click, EKGs. Some wildcard questions, one where I had to guess the latin meaning, so it's helpful to be familiar with some medical latin root words. Test was hard and easy at same time, the key is to know rationale well enough to know expected signs and symptoms so you can eliminated options quickly and get down to two possible answers. NCLEX has more vague terms, it can be distracting and confusing for some questions, but just focus on what you know and eliminate the unsafe answers. There were some hard questions where I didn't want to pick any answer, they all seemed wrong, but you just got to read the question well, pick something and carry on.

Everyone worries about pharmacology, but I would say stick to pharmacology on Uworld at minimum, don't spend too much time memorizing all the little details about all the medications, and be familiar with the suffix of key drug classes, digoxin and lithium toxicity levels, signs and symptoms, etc...

Put in the time and effort and you will reap the rewards. I didn't feel too anxious prior to the test, I tested at 8 am, only slept 4 hours prior, arrived 30 minutes early. Afterwards I wondered if it was "too easy" and meant I didn't get to the hard level questions so I failed, but I just had a sense I passed in away, I felt relief, I felt at ease, even though I didn't want to psych myself up in case I didn't. Fortunately in BC, Canada, I got the results next day, 24 hours later, sure enough pass. I was almost in tears on the way to writing the NCLEX, just at the fact of imagining the relief of not having to study anymore, because yet it is grueling and such a weight on your shoulders, the NCLEX is intimidating, but with time, effort and doing your best, using Uworld, you can do it, don't give up.

Best of luck everyone!

4/25/2018 12:22:40 AM
congratulations !! thank you for your sharing.

4/25/2018 1:16:47 AM
Thank you , I remember reading the forums and trying to predict my readiness based on how other people were doing, so hopefully sharing my experience is helpful. Trust in Uworld, it's a great tool.

4/28/2018 7:23:18 PM
Same here,took it April 23rd 2018 and passed with 76 questions.Ps: Been out of school for 5years and had taken the nclex RN twice with no success.I used the Qbank for barely 2weeks and only managed to do about 600 questions but I made sure to read and understand the rationales.Thank God I passed,and thankyou Uworld

4/28/2018 10:42:49 PM
Congratulations... I'm preparing to take mine. I look forward to posting the good news on here.. thanks for the encouragement.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK