Advice for NCLEX

4/23/2018 11:52:21 AM
I need some advice I take my exam in 23 days. I am super nervous cause I feel like I know my stuff yet blank out and doubt my answers. I have been doing 75 Q's a day and getting consistent 65-75% for the past 3 weeks and studying on and off for the past two months. With 23 days left I guess I'm nervous! U world assessment says high chance of passing. Any advice for me? I appreciate any advice thank you!
edited by on 4/23/2018

4/24/2018 9:39:59 PM
Hi i just took the nclex exam last april 17, 2018 and thankfully i passed the exam at 76 questions. My advise is just keep on answering uworld everyday, patiently understand the rationales and keep a little notebook with all the normal values, vital signs, formulas, mnemonics and whatever you wanna write in there for reference and read that everyday. My uworld subscription is for 30 days and i extended for 7 days because i wanted to finish all the 2000 plus questionnaires and get back to all my incorrect questions. On the exam day relax and dont let the nerves get to you, focus on the questions and DO NOT get distracted by looking at the clock and at what number you are in frequently at the right upper corner of your screen as much as possible don't even glance at it to prevent you from panicking or get you out of focus. I know the anxiety level is rising when exam date is nearing but believe me the actual nclex and uworld questions is almost similar. Last but most importantly do not forget to pray because we all know that prayer is the most powerful weapon. Trust in Him to guide you on your exam. Goodluck
edited by on 4/24/2018
edited by on 4/24/2018

4/25/2018 4:10:05 PM
Hi - I just wrote my NCLEX on April 20th and also passed in 76 questions.

My advice is to keep doing UWorld questions daily.

I also used the Saunders and Kaplan book. I read Kaplan from front to back and did the 200 question practice quiz in the back. The Saunders book is huge so with that text I read the chapters and did the practice questions related to the topics I was struggling to understand. I found the Saunders book is very indepth and gives a different perspective on the topics we need to know.

As well, in regards to medications, know your suffixes and the side effects of the major drugs and classifications.

Good luck

4/25/2018 5:42:07 PM
Hey,

Thank you for the responses!! I greatly appreciate it! I am praying I hope I pass this exam! and CONGRATS to you both! I'm praying for your future jobs! Still freaking out but I'm sticking to Uworld for now. <3

4/30/2018 12:43:29 PM
gbfo171974 wrote:
Hi - I just wrote my NCLEX on April 20th and also passed in 76 questions.

My advice is to keep doing UWorld questions daily.

I also used the Saunders and Kaplan book. I read Kaplan from front to back and did the 200 question practice quiz in the back. The Saunders book is huge so with that text I read the chapters and did the practice questions related to the topics I was struggling to understand. I found the Saunders book is very indepth and gives a different perspective on the topics we need to know.

As well, in regards to medications, know your suffixes and the side effects of the major drugs and classifications.

Good luck

4/30/2018 12:48:32 PM
Congrats gbfo171974, I truly enjoyed reading your advice. Which Kaplan edition have you used because there are several of them.
Thanks in advance dear.

5/5/2018 7:07:37 PM
Thanks I just used the Kaplan NCLEX -RN Premier 2016 text. The text also includes two practice tests.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK