wondering about nclex format

4/20/2018 12:41:43 PM
Hi Guys,
I wrote the Nclex today and I cant say I feel it went well. I have read the Kaplan book, select chapters of the Saunders book, scored 'high' likelihood to pass on both my Uworld readiness tests and yet the Nclex went horrible. I finished in 77 questions. Almost half were SATA. Had no math, audio or visual. How can that be? I am presuming I failed miserably as I had medications I had never heard of, and topics that were not covered or even discussed in uworld. I have no idea why the test went this way since I did so well on all the uworld practice questions, tests etc.
Wondering if anyone has ever written the nclex and not gotten any audio or visual questions?

Feeling awful.
edited by on 4/20/2018

4/20/2018 2:29:53 PM
[quote=gbfo171974]Hi Guys,
I wrote the Nclex today and I cant say I feel it went well. I have read the Kaplan book, select chapters of the Saunders book, scored 'high' likelihood to pass on both my Uworld readiness tests and yet the Nclex went horrible. I finished in 77 questions. Almost half were SATA. Had no math, audio or visual. How can that be? I am presuming I failed miserably as I had medications I had never heard of, and topics that were not covered or even discussed in uworld. I have no idea why the test went this way since I did so well on all the uworld practice questions, tests etc.
Wondering if anyone has ever written the nclex and not gotten any audio or visual questions?

Feeling awful.
edited by on 4/20/2018
I am sorry that you feel that way. I think you have to wait to see the results instead to worry anxious presuming. By the way what you mean topics uncovered, would you please give us some details ?

4/20/2018 5:51:46 PM
If you had half of SATA , probably passed. just wait and see. how much total score you had on UWrold?

4/20/2018 8:00:31 PM
[quote=cvfv616505][quote=gbfo171974]Hi Guys,

Feeling awful.
edited by on 4/20/2018
I am sorry that you feel that way. I think you have to wait to see the results instead to worry anxious presuming. By the way what you mean topics uncovered, would you please give us some details ?[/quote]

Hi - topics re anesthesia, and procedures and medications that Ive never heard of.

4/20/2018 8:02:07 PM
dcnd766355 wrote:
If you had half of SATA , probably passed. just wait and see. how much total score you had on UWrold?

Yes - almost half were SATA. No calculations, auditory or visual. It was strange. My uworld score is in the 70s but to be honest I think at this point ive just memorized the questions on uworld. I was expecting the topics that were covered in uworld to be what was tested and that certainly was not the case.

5/24/2018 11:55:25 AM
gbfo171974 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Feeling awful.
edited by on 4/20/2018

I sit mine June 27th. I have a friend who had a similar situation. She said there was not one drug that was familiar to her...she failed after doing the full allotment of questions. It is hopeful if you shut off so early. You really won't know till you get the result but please do update us more on your results when you get them <3

5/24/2018 4:41:01 PM
gbfo171974 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Feeling awful.
edited by on 4/20/2018

Please let us know how you did. I take mine tomorrow and am extremely nervous.

5/24/2018 9:08:36 PM
gbfo171974 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Feeling awful.
edited by on 4/20/2018

Hey there, did you end up passing your NCLEX???

5/26/2018 2:41:26 AM
Hello,
YES! I did end up passing! I was pleasantly shocked!
Thanks for checking in.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK