Just Passed! Here's my story.

4/13/2018 9:01:13 PM
I graduated in 2015 and didn't take the nclex until jan 1st 2018 for the first time.. and again 2 days ago. I hadn't look at any nursing material until about 5 months ago. There was a lot of complications in making an appointment for the test that i wont go into detail about but i ended up making an appointment for one on Jan 1st. I bought Kaplan and started studying for it about a week before the test because i either was too busy with work or I just wasn't motivated. So to no ones surprise (myself included) i ended up failing. The test went up to 76 questions and stopped there. I felt like i did horrible. But this motivated me to continue studying. I took about 2 weeks off then I used the rest of kaplan that i had left. i then bought uworld. I rescheduled my test to April 11th. I did about 30-50 questions a day a month before my exam. I then upped it to 60-90 questions a day. This would take me about 3 -4 hours in the library. I read every rational, took notes, and made flash cards. In the beginning i was scoring about 40s then started to get high 50s and low 60s. My percentile was about 38 then progressed to 48 by the end. A week before my test i did the assessment and it said i had a high chance of passing. On the day of my test i was nervous as hell but when i actually sat down in front of the computer i just got in my rhythm. Uworld was super similar to the NCLEX. Some of the answers in uworld were actual choices on the nclex. I got about 18 SATA, 1 procedure, no math, and a couple med questions. When i was at question 74 i had a very positive feeling it would stop at 75 and it did. I felt great after this test. I did the PVT about 1 hour after i finished, again 3 hours later, and again 6 hours later. I did it one final time 24 hours later and had the good pop up everytime. Today i was able to get the quick result and i passed!

I just wanted to thank Uworld as it helped me so much on this test. Every time i got a low practice test score or was losing hope i would come to the forum and see what others have said. You guys gave me more confidence in passing.
edited by on 4/13/2018

4/20/2018 6:03:03 PM
congratulations! thank you for your sharing. you gave me the motivation to keep on.

4/20/2018 8:04:03 PM
slcm169629 wrote:
I graduated in 2015 and didn't take the nclex until jan 1st 2018 for the first time.. and again 2 days ago. I hadn't look at any nursing material until about 5 months ago. There was a lot of complications in making an appointment for the test that i wont go into detail about but i ended up making an appointment for one on Jan 1st. I bought Kaplan and started studying for it about a week before the test because i either was too busy with work or I just wasn't motivated. So to no ones surprise (myself included) i ended up failing. The test went up to 76 questions and stopped there. I felt like i did horrible. But this motivated me to continue studying. I took about 2 weeks off then I used the rest of kaplan that i had left. i then bought uworld. I rescheduled my test to April 11th. I did about 30-50 questions a day a month before my exam. I then upped it to 60-90 questions a day. This would take me about 3 -4 hours in the library. I read every rational, took notes, and made flash cards. In the beginning i was scoring about 40s then started to get high 50s and low 60s. My percentile was about 38 then progressed to 48 by the end. A week before my test i did the assessment and it said i had a high chance of passing. On the day of my test i was nervous as hell but when i actually sat down in front of the computer i just got in my rhythm. Uworld was super similar to the NCLEX. Some of the answers in uworld were actual choices on the nclex. I got about 18 SATA, 1 procedure, no math, and a couple med questions. When i was at question 74 i had a very positive feeling it would stop at 75 and it did. I felt great after this test. I did the PVT about 1 hour after i finished, again 3 hours later, and again 6 hours later. I did it one final time 24 hours later and had the good pop up everytime. Today i was able to get the quick result and i passed!

I just wanted to thank Uworld as it helped me so much on this test. Every time i got a low practice test score or was losing hope i would come to the forum and see what others have said. You guys gave me more confidence in passing.
edited by on 4/13/2018

4/20/2018 8:04:25 PM
slcm169629 wrote:

edited by on 4/13/2018

What is the PVT and how do you check?

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK