Jan 2018 NCLEX RN

1/13/2018 12:16:37 PM
First and foremost, I want to thank God for everything! I did NCLEX RN today Sat Jan 13 at 0800hrs, was done by 0930hrs. I did 75 questions. I was very calm when i walked in. I read somewhere that you need to smile more when you're nervous. I did. I probably looked like an idiot when the PVT guy was scanning my palms and reading me the instructions. lol. But my calmness helped me tremendously. The NCLEX screen looked a lot like Uworld. So I felt like i was taking yet another Uworld test. I had about 20-25 SATA. Uworld has helped me out with applying SATA! If an answer "looks or feels funny" reading it, it's out! Unfortunately I couldn't cross or strike through incorrect answers. I was pretty confident answering SATA thanks to Uworld. Our school used ATI but there were several discrepancies/confusion with ATI. I purchased Uworld 2 weeks to graduation and did several questions daily. It was a ritual for me to do 10 questions before getting out of bed, and then 5, 25, 50, or 75 question blocks throughout the day. I felt I learned better by doing few question blocks at once rather than several (50 or 75) at once because I used tutor mode and there was a lot of reading and note taking. .......I was confident I wasn't going to click to no. 76 on NCLEX. No 75 was easy. And when I got to my car, I did the PVT trick and got a good pop up. Now I'm waiting for the official results; maybe on Tuesday coz Monday is MLK holiday. Wish me luck!
I would highly suggest UWorld to EVERYBODY! Practice, practice, practice!
I am sending my warmest e-hugs to Uworld personnel !!

1/13/2018 4:39:13 PM
Congratulation....I am going to take mine on January 18th and I am nervous when its getting closer to my exam. My average was 64% after completing the whole Qbank and has very high chance of passing with the self assessment. Did you use any other study material ?

1/13/2018 4:46:05 PM
ngkl468398 wrote:
Congratulation....I am going to take mine on January 18th and I am nervous when its getting closer to my exam. My average was 64% after completing the whole Qbank and has very high chance of passing with the self assessment. Did you use any other study material ?

My average was 65% after completing the whole QB. I also got very high chances on both assessment tests. I exclusively used UW for studying plus what I retained from Nursing school. I was a high B, low A student. UWorld has great reviews and will help you esp with SATA application. Be confident with yourself; don't doubt yourself or keep changing answers. You can do this! NCLEX is easier than Nursing school!!

1/13/2018 4:51:21 PM
Thank you so much for your reply. Do you think the real exam is easier than Uworld ? I was having a difficult time with SATA before purchasing Uworld. However now I Feels like Uworld trained me how to answer SATA. I am hoping for the best. ( but nervous )

1/13/2018 5:00:24 PM
ngkl468398 wrote:
Thank you so much for your reply. Do you think the real exam is easier than Uworld ? I was having a difficult time with SATA before purchasing Uworld. However now I Feels like Uworld trained me how to answer SATA. I am hoping for the best. ( but nervous )

I think all tests are different. Some students say NCLEX is harder than UW. However, UW was a tad bit harder than NCLEX. My strategy with SATA is to re-read the Q after selecting my answers. Do the answers make sense in relation to the Q? If not, make adjustments. It's ok to be nervous, but don't let anxiety/nerves control you. Control them!

1/15/2018 10:47:13 AM
ukgj291040 wrote:
First and foremost, I want to thank God for everything! I did NCLEX RN today Sat Jan 13 at 0800hrs, was done by 0930hrs. I did 75 questions. I was very calm when i walked in. I read somewhere that you need to smile more when you're nervous. I did. I probably looked like an idiot when the PVT guy was scanning my palms and reading me the instructions. lol. But my calmness helped me tremendously. The NCLEX screen looked a lot like Uworld. So I felt like i was taking yet another Uworld test. I had about 20-25 SATA. Uworld has helped me out with applying SATA! If an answer "looks or feels funny" reading it, it's out! Unfortunately I couldn't cross or strike through incorrect answers. I was pretty confident answering SATA thanks to Uworld. Our school used ATI but there were several discrepancies/confusion with ATI. I purchased Uworld 2 weeks to graduation and did several questions daily. It was a ritual for me to do 10 questions before getting out of bed, and then 5, 25, 50, or 75 question blocks throughout the day. I felt I learned better by doing few question blocks at once rather than several (50 or 75) at once because I used tutor mode and there was a lot of reading and note taking. .......I was confident I wasn't going to click to no. 76 on NCLEX. No 75 was easy. And when I got to my car, I did the PVT trick and got a good pop up. Now I'm waiting for the official results; maybe on Tuesday coz Monday is MLK holiday. Wish me luck!
I am sending my warmest e-hugs to Uworld personnel !!

1/15/2018 10:53:48 AM
ukgj291040 wrote:
I am sending my warmest e-hugs ๐Ÿค—to Uworld personnel !!

Quick note: I just checked my results and I'm proud to say that I'm now officially a Registered Nurse!
One of the best feelings is when you know you're already going to pass ๐Ÿ˜‰the test when you're halfway through the test itself. Believe in yourself, believe in your ability, believe in your success! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

1/15/2018 4:15:18 PM
Congratulations....All of your hardwork paid off.

1/16/2018 5:55:12 PM
RE: PVT Trick - what is the "CURRENT" good pop up? There's so many variations out there, I dont know what to believe?!?!?!? Oh and CONGRATS Nurse Ukgj291040!!!!!!

Any help with the popup/best/current trick would be appreciated.

1/16/2018 6:33:15 PM
vqxo449035 wrote:
RE: PVT Trick - what is the "CURRENT" good pop up? There's so many variations out there, I dont know what to believe?!?!?!? Oh and CONGRATS Nurse Ukgj291040!!!!!!

Hi, I just logged into Pearsonvue and attempted to register again. The first time with a correct debit card number and incorrect exp date. The second time with everything correct and both instances gave me the same response...." our records show that you're already scheduled for another exam. Another one cannot be made at this time......".

1/16/2018 10:27:45 PM
ukgj291040 wrote:
vqxo449035 wrote:

Hi, I just logged into Pearsonvue and attempted to register again. The first time with a correct debit card number and incorrect exp date. The second time with everything correct and both instances gave me the same response...." our records show that you're already scheduled for another exam. Another one cannot be made at this time......".

PERFECT!!!!! Congrats again!!!!

I'm heading in on 1/26 at 08:00....starting to get the shakes.

1/16/2018 10:39:17 PM
Be confident, you've got this! Believe in yourself!

1/18/2018 7:04:25 PM
Congrats! We literally have the same mindset. I agree 100% with everything you just said and it sounds like we had a similar test day. I even was a little extra and got myself a back massage and bath bomb the day before to help relax.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK