Passed my NCLEX on 10/17 at 221 quesions

11/12/2017 10:42:26 AM
I meant to post this sooner, but I passed my NCLEX on 10/17 at 221 questions. It was my fourth and final attempt at the NCLEX. I did not tell my family, friends, or co-workers. The only people I told were two of my friends from nursing school who also had failed their NCLEX. I kept thinking to myself, "Why me?". I am so broke and I earn less than $600 every two weeks, I cannot afford to keep re-testing. I felt embarrassment....everyone is going to think I am stupid because I cannot pass my test. I felt helpless....what am I doing wrong, why can't I move on with my life. I just felt like it was the end of the world!
So, how did I get to this point in my life. Well, I purchased my first UWorld Subscription back in January, but I did not start to do questions until August. Instead, I took the Hurst Review Course and once I failed, then, I did the Hurst Remediation program and failed again. Soon, thereafter, I reviewed the Saunders Comprehensive Review book and failed again. On my last and final attempt I completed the entire UWorld QBank and practiced answering the questions using Kaplan's NCLEX Strategies. In addition to that, I practiced deep breathing techniques to combat my test anxiety. 48 hours before the exam, I panicked! I went to the NSCBN site to re-schedule the exam and there were no days available. So, then I took some deep breaths and said I know I am ready for this exam....let me review. I picked up my notebook and began to recite the information, I knew the content on the page before I could even look at it. That's when I knew I was ready and I would pass the exam this time around. I arrived at the testing center ahead of time, used the bathroom twice before the start of the exam and took an Excedrin to prevent a possible tension headache. My test was at 8am, I was checked in and began the exam around 830am and my exam shut off at 221 questions around 1150am. I walked out of the testing center a little after noon smiling and knowing that I had passed. I had less than 5 SATAs, more than 10 dosage calculation questions, and the remainder of my questions were “which patient do you assess first”, “what is the priority ….”, and delegation. Throughout the entire experience, I did not shed a tear until I saw my license posted on the state board of nursing website two days later. It can be done! You may not pass on the first try; everyone does not pass the first time. Also, everyone does not pass in 75 questions, so if that test keeps running, just know that you are still in the game and you have a chance to pass and are doing something right. Just stay positive and know that if you made it through nursing school and passed your exit HESI, that there is no reason that you should not be able to pass your NCLEX. It’s just all about reducing your anxiety and reviewing content.

11/12/2017 10:46:13 AM
Congratulations, that is a great ending! I am really happy for you !

11/12/2017 12:46:22 PM
congratulation! very inspiring, this will be my second time taking my nclex on Nov. 14 . Hoping to pass this time.!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK