Suggestions before the week of Nclex

5/18/2017 4:56:02 PM
Hi Everyone,

I will be taking my boards in about a week. I have done the following so far:

1. Uworld- mostly the entire bank roughly 100 questions left to go, overall score 61%
2. Took 1/2 assessment scored very high chance of passing and ran out of time with remaining 11 questions left :/
3. La Charity All chapters 1-21 and roughly two case studies, scored pretty ok, higher than 55% average, some areas scored 80% other 2 areas 48% ( it was tough!)
4. 2/3 comprehensive test ( computer- a different resource) roughly 185 questions each, a mental prep for the big day
test 1 results: 63
test 2 results: 74
According to the results it says" Your performance indicates that you are adequately prepared for the NCLEX-RN exam."

I will be taking the 2nd assessment on uworld soon and the last computerized test as well following a few days before the test.

To be honest, my biggest concern is timing but I am practicing on that for the remaining week. If anyone out there can give me last minute tips that they did PLEASE share it would be greatly appreciated!

5/18/2017 9:20:13 PM
I suggest don't do nothing the day before the exam! Let your brain rest. I too have have an issue with timeing. It seems as if you know your information. With that being said. You are going to pass! Don't focus on the clock or the number of questions when you sit down. I was the student that always ran out of time in class exam. I was the last one the turned in my exams.....but on the Nclex it's a different ball game! As long as you do extremely well on those first 75 questions you have passed. Go super hard on those. It took me 2.5 hours to answer those first 75 questions then it shut down. I gave those all my energy!!!!!!!!! I even took a 8-10 min break. Don't get sad if it doesn't shut down after 75 questions. Just take break then start pacing your self with time. Get you a game plan but don't rush.

The last week I just redid the incorrect questions on uworld. I didn't finish them all. But it was refreshing

vwvs160392 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

1. Uworld- mostly the entire bank roughly 100 questions left to go, overall score 61%
2. Took 1/2 assessment scored very high chance of passing and ran out of time with remaining 11 questions left :/
3. La Charity All chapters 1-21 and roughly two case studies, scored pretty ok, higher than 55% average, some areas scored 80% other 2 areas 48% ( it was tough!)
4. 2/3 comprehensive test ( computer- a different resource) roughly 185 questions each, a mental prep for the big day
According to the results it says" Your performance indicates that you are adequately prepared for the NCLEX-RN exam."

I will be taking the 2nd assessment on uworld soon and the last computerized test as well following a few days before the test.

To be honest, my biggest concern is timing but I am practicing on that for the remaining week. If anyone out there can give me last minute tips that they did PLEASE share it would be greatly appreciated!

5/19/2017 9:09:28 PM
Thank you for the kind words and suggestions. At which point did you take your break?

EJLJ1051 wrote:
I suggest don't do nothing the day before the exam! Let your brain rest. I too have have an issue with timeing. It seems as if you know your information. With that being said. You are going to pass! Don't focus on the clock or the number of questions when you sit down. I was the student that always ran out of time in class exam. I was the last one the turned in my exams.....but on the Nclex it's a different ball game! As long as you do extremely well on those first 75 questions you have passed. Go super hard on those. It took me 2.5 hours to answer those first 75 questions then it shut down. I gave those all my energy!!!!!!!!! I even took a 8-10 min break. Don't get sad if it doesn't shut down after 75 questions. Just take break then start pacing your self with time. Get you a game plan but don't rush.

The last week I just redid the incorrect questions on uworld. I didn't finish them all. But it was refreshing

vwvs160392 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK