Took Nclex today....

5/9/2017 7:11:33 PM
I am a second time test taker. When I took the Nclex last time and it shut down on me in 75 questions! This go around it shut off again in 75 questions. I feel like I'm in a emotional roller coaster.i wanted it to keep going.... but it didn't. I tried the PVT but it is saying, I already have an open exam and I am unable to schedule another exam at this time. It has been about 3 hours since I have taken it and I have not received an email confirmation stating that I have taken the exam today. I got 3 dosages, one ekg, at least 35-40 SATA and the rest was priority, delegations,infection control and that's about it.
3 dosages on Nclex scare me! What do you think?

5/9/2017 8:07:56 PM
Well it seems that in overall you got high level questions. It looks that the trick is showing you passed.

5/9/2017 8:09:07 PM
How did you feel during the test... well prepared or guessing, confident? I wish you luck, I' sure you did well! let me know updates.

5/9/2017 8:13:25 PM
The PVT that I received is indicating that it is too early for me to check. Last I around I received my Pearson vue confirmation email with in 1 hr. But what worries me is that I had no exhibits, no pinpoints, and THREE dosage calculations. I have read that is a bad sign.

vwot948227 wrote:
Well it seems that in overall you got high level questions. It looks that the trick is showing you passed.

5/9/2017 8:18:05 PM
During the exam at first I felt like wth! Then when I started to get comfortable (around q12) I was like ok.... I can do this. It took me 2.5 hrs. to get to q75. I took my time. I felt prepared and at one point I felt sleepy and panicky when I saw the second dosage question and I got up from my exam (q59). overall I felt like I was prepared and confident in a most of my answers. But it was HARD. So many SATA! I will def keep I updated! Thank U!

I
vvxx480499 wrote:
How did you feel during the test... well prepared or guessing, confident? I wish you luck, I' sure you did well! let me know updates.

5/9/2017 8:24:28 PM
wishing you luck!! seems like you did pretty well with having that much sata. did u find sata questions on nclex similar to uworld satas?
edited by on 5/9/2017

5/9/2017 9:47:38 PM
I hope so!!!! Unlike the first time taking the Nclex I wasn't as afraid for the challenge, thanks to uworld! I was more comfortable when I got them, even though I didn't want them lol. I wasn't expecting many Sata questions back to back. Uworld prepared me well when it came to SATA. I can't say that they were similar to uworld SATA, but the rationales from uworld helped me to. apply the information to fish for the right answers. They were about 5 questions that uworld most definitely helped me with, and I didn't even have to re read the questions nor answers (those 5 questions were multiple choice). I think uworld SATA was harder..... I think.

imts496571 wrote:
wishing you luck!! seems like you did pretty well with having that much sata. did u find sata questions on nclex similar to uworld satas?
edited by on 5/9/2017

5/9/2017 10:50:14 PM
Remember that 15 questions are pilot questions and do not count.

5/9/2017 10:57:43 PM
U are right, I forgot all about those!! Lol...

vwot948227 wrote:
Remember that 15 questions are pilot questions and do not count.

5/10/2017 4:20:07 PM
EJLJ1051 wrote:
During the exam at first I felt like wth! Then when I started to get comfortable (around q12) I was like ok.... I can do this. It took me 2.5 hrs. to get to q75. I took my time. I felt prepared and at one point I felt sleepy and panicky when I saw the second dosage question and I got up from my exam (q59). overall I felt like I was prepared and confident in a most of my answers. But it was HARD. So many SATA! I will def keep I updated! Thank U!

I
vvxx480499 wrote:

5/10/2017 4:21:33 PM
vvxx480499 wrote:

From the sounds of it , one would have to think you passed.

5/11/2017 12:08:40 AM
I hope you passed! I'm excited to hear how you did! I am graduating Nursing School on Sunday the 14th and getting pinned the 13th. I've been using UWORLD since like early April. My plan was to try and do all of the questions twice but there are so many. I'm also doing virtual ATI through my school. I want to take Boards June 13th.
I creep through the forums to get encouragement about UWORLD being a good study tool. Can't wait to get your update. Thank you for posting!

5/12/2017 2:16:08 AM
I passed!!! Still trying to process it!!! I suggest u do ALL the questions at least once (it's a lot) and the flagged/incorrect ones at least 2x. I missed like 600 ish questions and only went back through half of the incorrect ones. I ran out of time. Congratulations!!!! Uworld is definitely the reason I passed!!!! I'm glad u found uworld sooner than i did!!

tzxl327800 wrote:
I hope you passed! I'm excited to hear how you did! I am graduating Nursing School on Sunday the 14th and getting pinned the 13th. I've been using UWORLD since like early April. My plan was to try and do all of the questions twice but there are so many. I'm also doing virtual ATI through my school. I want to take Boards June 13th.
I creep through the forums to get encouragement about UWORLD being a good study tool. Can't wait to get your update. Thank you for posting!

5/12/2017 2:16:30 AM
I passed!!!

5/12/2017 2:32:09 AM
I passed!!!😍😍😍😍😍😍

5/12/2017 4:02:57 AM
EJLJ1051 wrote:
I passed!!!

yayyy!

5/14/2017 2:52:43 AM
Glad to hear! good luck on your endeavors.

5/17/2017 12:06:40 PM
Congratulations!! Thanks for the update Taking my first self assessment today! Will post an update

5/17/2017 2:15:56 PM
Got a high chance of passing . So definitely still need to improve on some things. I will take my second assessment a few days before I take my boards. By then I would have finished my Q bank and redo the questions I got incorrect.

5/17/2017 3:18:36 PM
EJLJ1051 wrote:
I passed!!!😍😍😍😍😍😍

congrats!!! =) what was your scores on the 2 self assessment tests? i just took the self assessment 1, got 64% placing me on 74th Percentile and the self assessment 2, got 65.3% placing me on 78th Percentile, both "very high chance of passing". do you think its good enough? since i only got mid 60's? i'm taking the nclex on the 30th.

5/18/2017 12:33:03 AM
Congratulations, what was your over all uworld percentage?

5/18/2017 4:33:18 PM
EJLJ1051 wrote:
I passed!!! Still trying to process it!!! I suggest u do ALL the questions at least once (it's a lot) and the flagged/incorrect ones at least 2x. I missed like 600 ish questions and only went back through half of the incorrect ones. I ran out of time. Congratulations!!!! Uworld is definitely the reason I passed!!!! I'm glad u found uworld sooner than i did!!

tzxl327800 wrote:

Congrats!!! Did you use anything else?

5/18/2017 9:00:45 PM
Thanks you!!
vvxx480499 wrote:
Glad to hear! good luck on your endeavors.

5/18/2017 9:02:05 PM
Thank you! You were right!
vvxx480499 wrote:
vvxx480499 wrote:

From the sounds of it , one would have to think you passed.

5/18/2017 9:05:41 PM
Yes. That is exactly what I did. When I start re doing the questions I got wrong and they start to look Chinese... I stopped! Don't cram the information. You know it.......you got this!

tzxl327800 wrote:
Got a high chance of passing . So definitely still need to improve on some things. I will take my second assessment a few days before I take my boards. By then I would have finished my Q bank and redo the questions I got incorrect.

pages: 1 2

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK