Failed 2nd time used UWorld..

5/3/2017 9:01:21 AM
I used Kaplan/Saunders the first time failed at 75. Redid the exam 6 months later used U world failed again... Did all the questions and assessments first one I got a 48 second one I did I got a 55 with highly likely to pass. My average was a 56 for the u world bank... Just mortified I just dont even know what to do.. Using U world again and studying my butt off again for it

5/3/2017 1:22:46 PM
Awww...Sorry to hear that. Did you feel ready and well prepared with U-world?

oprv871040 wrote:
I used Kaplan/Saunders the first time failed at 75. Redid the exam 6 months later used U world failed again... Did all the questions and assessments first one I got a 48 second one I did I got a 55 with highly likely to pass. My average was a 56 for the u world bank... Just mortified I just dont even know what to do.. Using U world again and studying my butt off again for it

5/3/2017 1:50:14 PM
Yes I felt a lot more prepared and very similar were on the Nclex that were on UWorld. I just don't know what to do from here though...

5/3/2017 5:10:40 PM
Sorry to hear that. I encourage you to study again form the Uworld q bank. Do not do too many questions in one day. Recommend the study mode where you can get the answer once you submit the question. Read very rational that you got wrong/right. Also, take notes by hand of those concepts that you got wrong. Taking notes will help you to understand/retain information.
Also, study from the Lacharity book about prioritization and the Lippicott's book about alternative format question.
Hopefully you will pass next time!!

5/4/2017 12:42:42 AM
vwot948227 wrote:
Sorry to hear that. I encourage you to study again form the Uworld q bank. Do not do too many questions in one day. Recommend the study mode where you can get the answer once you submit the question. Read very rational that you got wrong/right. Also, take notes by hand of those concepts that you got wrong. Taking notes will help you to understand/retain information.
Also, study from the Lacharity book about prioritization and the Lippicott's book about alternative format question.
Hopefully you will pass next time!!

5/4/2017 12:45:07 AM
oprv871040 wrote:
Yes I felt a lot more prepared and very similar were on the Nclex that were on UWorld. I just don't know what to do from here though...

Sorry to hear that, continue using U World, study the rationales with God on your side you shall pass next time.

5/5/2017 12:47:54 AM
That's the same thing that happen to me. Its like im studying and studying the questions and rationale but there's something missing. I thought i was lacking on content but no, it was my test taking strategies. My personal experience, i went and had HAPPYNCLEX program of joan palmeri and i cant thank her enough because she was really on good on teaching us about critical thinking and how to attack each questions. IT WASNT CONTENT, IT WAS MY CRITICAL THINKING AND TESTING SKILLS.

5/9/2017 1:11:49 PM
Hi,

Since you mention Happynclex: I just bought it because I think I have problem with critical thinking but my test day is in 2 week, do you think I can finish with Joan in 3 steps?
Thanks.

5/11/2017 12:51:50 AM
Me too. I used UWORLD and failed the first time. I feel like I have all the contents but something is missing. Then i signed up to HAPPYNCLEX and true enough, it wasnt a content problem, it was my lack of skills on test taking strategies/critical thinking. The second time i took the exam, i was relax and more confident. I have this thought that i cant know all the answers but the answer is just right infront of me, guess confidently and narrow it down. =)

5/11/2017 12:56:41 AM
Me too. I used UWORLD and failed the first time. I feel like I have all the contents but something is missing. Then i signed up to HAPPYNCLEX and true enough, it wasnt a content problem, it was my lack of skills on test taking strategies/critical thinking. The second time i took the exam, i was relax and more confident. I have this thought that i cant know all the answers but the answer is just right infront of me, guess confidently and narrow it down. =)

5/22/2017 8:28:54 PM
liur398136 wrote:
That's the same thing that happen to me. Its like im studying and studying the questions and rationale but there's something missing. I thought i was lacking on content but no, it was my test taking strategies. My personal experience, i went and had HAPPYNCLEX program of joan palmeri and i cant thank her enough because she was really on good on teaching us about critical thinking and how to attack each questions. IT WASNT CONTENT, IT WAS MY CRITICAL THINKING AND TESTING SKILLS.

Did you do HappyNclex with uworld? I see that HN is 6 weeks. Would you do that 6 weeks before the test. Or earlier and practice the technique with UWorld. I'm looking at the site and it's unclear what HN actually is or how it works.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK