Passed NCLEX-RN @ 75 Qs on 2nd attempt.

3/22/2017 11:17:23 AM
Hello everyone,

So i took the NCLEX on March 16 and computer shut off at 75. i don't want to say it was "easy" but I felt like it was manageable. I had 26 SATA and the rest were prioritization/interventions. No math, no drag and drop, and no pictures! I knew I passed with the amount of SATA that I got but having to wait 4 agonizing days for my license to show up was heart pounding. My license didn't show at breeze till Tuesday after midnight (Im in CA btw). It was a huge relief since this was my 2nd attempt. I told myself that when I see the good news I would go back here and share my success and hopefully help other test takers.

The first time I took NCLEX I didnt take it seriously. I notice that a lot of my cohort were passing left and right so I told myself, "i got this!" but I was wrong and I felt like I was punished for being impatient. it was devastating especially I got the failed letter 2 days before Christmas. I had to toughen it out because It was my fault. My game face started after the holidays and purchased UWORLD on Jan 4th (3months) and I have been waking up 5am everyday including weekends doing 75-100 qs/day. And yes like everyone says, READ EVERY RATIONALE (RIGHT OR WRONG)--> That's the key! And please do not memorize the questions if you do decide that you want to re-do the incorrect ones, rather, know why that's the answer. After doing all 1958, I went over the incorrect ones (about 800). I also took notes When it was time to take my assessments and did the 1st one, i ran out of time and gave me a "borderline" result but on my 2nd assessment, I was smart with my time and I got "high chance of passing" (86%).

What I learned here is that UWOLRD does work if you know how to apply it.

Also, discipline yourself if you really want this license. Refrain from social media like I had to deactivate my FB and instagram account so I could ONLY focus on this test.

Lastly, have FAITH guys. Believe in your abilities. If you put in the time, He sees it. Remember, "God knows what we want and what we need. He wants to give us blessings that we haven't even verbally asked for."

Other sources used:
Youtube: Khan Academy, Nucleus Media
PDA
Pinterest: great mnemonics
edited by on 3/22/2017

3/22/2017 1:13:26 PM
Congrats and thanks for sharing.

3/23/2017 10:46:07 AM
oytd230132 wrote:
Hello everyone,

So i took the NCLEX on March 16 and computer shut off at 75. i don't want to say it was "easy" but I felt like it was manageable. I had 26 SATA and the rest were prioritization/interventions. No math, no drag and drop, and no pictures! I knew I passed with the amount of SATA that I got but having to wait 4 agonizing days for my license to show up was heart pounding. My license didn't show at breeze till Tuesday after midnight (Im in CA btw). It was a huge relief since this was my 2nd attempt. I told myself that when I see the good news I would go back here and share my success and hopefully help other test takers.

The first time I took NCLEX I didnt take it seriously. I notice that a lot of my cohort were passing left and right so I told myself, "i got this!" but I was wrong and I felt like I was punished for being impatient. it was devastating especially I got the failed letter 2 days before Christmas. I had to toughen it out because It was my fault. My game face started after the holidays and purchased UWORLD on Jan 4th (3months) and I have been waking up 5am everyday including weekends doing 75-100 qs/day. And yes like everyone says, READ EVERY RATIONALE (RIGHT OR WRONG)--> That's the key! And please do not memorize the questions if you do decide that you want to re-do the incorrect ones, rather, know why that's the answer. After doing all 1958, I went over the incorrect ones (about 800). I also took notes When it was time to take my assessments and did the 1st one, i ran out of time and gave me a "borderline" result but on my 2nd assessment, I was smart with my time and I got "high chance of passing" (86%).

Also, discipline yourself if you really want this license. Refrain from social media like I had to deactivate my FB and instagram account so I could ONLY focus on this test.

Lastly, have FAITH guys. Believe in your abilities. If you put in the time, He sees it. Remember, "God knows what we want and what we need. He wants to give us blessings that we haven't even verbally asked for."

Other sources used:
PDA
edited by on 3/22/2017

3/23/2017 10:51:07 AM
Hi! I did not pass the first time with Uwolrd for 2 months. I did almost all the questions from the Qbank. However, I still did wrong the same questions every time I do it again. I am so stress and worry that I couldn't pass the second time. I am fear too much that I do not know how to deal with this. I am now reading my notes that I saved from Uwolrd again.
Any advise to boost me up and confident because I have to pass the next time soon if I get approval from the sate.
Thanks. I am so down...

3/24/2017 12:14:26 AM
oytd230132 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Other sources used:
PDA
edited by on 3/22/2017

3/24/2017 12:24:34 AM
thank you for sharing.

3/25/2017 10:48:07 AM
mayokun wrote:

Thank you.

3/25/2017 11:04:48 AM
axzz802291 wrote:
Hi! I did not pass the first time with Uwolrd for 2 months. I did almost all the questions from the Qbank. However, I still did wrong the same questions every time I do it again. I am so stress and worry that I couldn't pass the second time. I am fear too much that I do not know how to deal with this. I am now reading my notes that I saved from Uwolrd again.
Any advise to boost me up and confident because I have to pass the next time soon if I get approval from the sate.
Thanks. I am so down...

Hello, sorry for this late reply.
Yes its hard to pick yourself up afterwards but one thing that I always remember is that this is my dream and passion so I'll do whatever it takes to achieve it. Every time I see a disease I haven't heard of I quickly do a research (google, youtube etc) and then I write it down. But, if I know a certain procedure, I still write it down in my own words and when I go back to review it later I cover the explanation and I recite it and see if I get the concept. It actually works for me to recite it cuz its easier to remember during NCLEX. Another is comparing diseases. I always get confused between MS and MG so I just make a table to compare the two (other ones: hyper/hypothyroidism, Cushing/addison).
When I went over the incorrect ones, i covered the choices and after reading the question try to answer it without looking at the options (again, recite the possible answers). this actually helps during NCLEX. They taught us this trick in Nursing school but I didn't do it cuz it was too hard not to look at the choices but I did it for UWORLD and NCLEX and it worked.
I read my notes 3x before the test and just recite the explanations without looking at your notes. if your answering prioritization questions just think: stable/unstable, life threatening, urgent/nonurgent, is this patient immunocompromised?, actual/potential. If they're asking IMMEDIATE INTERVENTION I always think of ABC, vitals.

Don't feel down, practice everyday with questions.

3/25/2017 4:30:19 PM
oytd230132 wrote:
axzz802291 wrote:
Thanks. I am so down...

Yes its hard to pick yourself up afterwards but one thing that I always remember is that this is my dream and passion so I'll do whatever it takes to achieve it. Every time I see a disease I haven't heard of I quickly do a research (google, youtube etc) and then I write it down. But, if I know a certain procedure, I still write it down in my own words and when I go back to review it later I cover the explanation and I recite it and see if I get the concept. It actually works for me to recite it cuz its easier to remember during NCLEX. Another is comparing diseases. I always get confused between MS and MG so I just make a table to compare the two (other ones: hyper/hypothyroidism, Cushing/addison).
When I went over the incorrect ones, i covered the choices and after reading the question try to answer it without looking at the options (again, recite the possible answers). this actually helps during NCLEX. They taught us this trick in Nursing school but I didn't do it cuz it was too hard not to look at the choices but I did it for UWORLD and NCLEX and it worked.
I read my notes 3x before the test and just recite the explanations without looking at your notes. if your answering prioritization questions just think: stable/unstable, life threatening, urgent/nonurgent, is this patient immunocompromised?, actual/potential. If they're asking IMMEDIATE INTERVENTION I always think of ABC, vitals.

3/25/2017 4:44:21 PM
axzz802291 wrote:
oytd230132 wrote:
axzz802291 wrote:
Thanks. I am so down...

Thank you so much for your reply. I will try what you advice me here. Yes! I have problem with all the MS, ALS, GBS...too. I think I have my knowledge deficit and I do not think before I answer the question. I just look at the answer choice first then think how I choose the answer..that may cause me the problem. I need more critical thinking ...But thank you again for your time to sharing.

3/25/2017 8:09:54 PM
mayokun wrote:

Thanks for the motivating and "real deal" post. I know it's a process to get the scores up and takes dedication and focus. But, as you said, "He will reward us" for the effort. Congrats on passing.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK