"who do you see first?"

2/18/2017 1:48:09 AM
How do you answer these questions in regards using strategies? I went into nclex having hard time answering these type of questions. If you guys have a paper typed up or something that will help could you please message me and i can send you my email address. I would appreciate any help.

2/18/2017 8:37:02 AM
Who is the most unstable pt and/or what lab values/pt is the most critical.

2/18/2017 9:35:22 AM
fxbr133038 wrote:
How do you answer these questions in regards using strategies? I went into nclex having hard time answering these type of questions. If you guys have a paper typed up or something that will help could you please message me and i can send you my email address. I would appreciate any help.

Who will drop dead first or result to permanent injury if U did not do nothing? That is who to see 1st...... However, this does not apply to mass causality. Remember, with mass causality ... You wanted to do the greatest good for the greatest number,, Meaning the better outcome will be seen 1st.
(Red, Yellow, Green and Black).

In mass casualty situations, triage is used to decide who is most urgently in need of transportation to a hospital for care (generally, those who have a chance of survival but who would die without immediate treatment) and whose injuries are less severe and must wait for medical care.
edited by on 2/18/2017

3/8/2017 9:18:04 PM
For who you see first - eliminate answers with expected findings - for example, if pt has tetraology of fallot and O2 sat of 85% - that's expected! Also, choosing the patients with "new" or "sudden-onset" symptoms is usually right!

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK