Passed NCLEX ON THE 9TH TRY

10/11/2016 9:43:16 AM
Good morning, I told myself once I pass my nclex I would tell my story because I know some else is in the same situation and just need some extra encouragement from someone who in their shoes. I graduated in April 2014.I study kaplan religiously for four months, then I sat for my boards in August 2014, after 93 question I failed I felt horrible but I told myself I will never give it. I continue to use kaplan and saunders, I still could not beat the beast NCLEX. I got extremely depress, you see once you fail this test it has a away of making you feel bad about yourself in so many ways.You need a great support system or else you will feel drained on so many levels....fast forward to August 2015 That's when I friend of mine told me about UWOLD i purchased the month supplied, I study for a couple of months but i really didn't own the material the questions and the rationals were awesome but for some reason it wasn't sticking in my head. took the NCLEX again in November 2015,you guested it, I Failed.FEELING SO DOWN AGAIN.....took the test again in march 2016 FAILED,....TOOK a break from studying to regain my sanity.....August 2016 i purchased UWORLD again but this time i did something different. I only worked 3 days a week I study 4 days a week doing 100-150 increments of 50 questions. I would read EVERY QUESTION and rationals, I would write down the ones I really didn't understand and look up EVERYTHING so I can own the material in my own words. Exam day was coming up, started to utube certain topics that i would need to actually hear someone else talk about and show examples with mnemonics (I'm a visual learner). fast forward EXAM DAY, my test time was 8am October 8th I arrive 1 1/2 early to got some breakfast sat in my car and started to pray,pray,pray,pray.I FELT CONFIDENT FOR ONCE. I got to start my test around 7:45am. CALM AND STEADY,STEADY AND CALM. I read every question and made sure i understood what the question was asking.When I pass 75 question I told myself I am challenging the test so I'm doing good no stress. Around 140 the computer shut off. I didn't know what to think. I DO KNOW I gave it my all 1000% I also had FAITH like I NEVER had before.UWORLD IS THE BEST STUDY RESOURCE IVE USED AND IVE USED ALOT OF STUDY MATERIAL. I paid pearson vue quick result 48 hours later, I saw that I PASSED, I couldn't belief it I did it,I started crying for joy, it was a long time coming. Please please if you have Ever failed DO NOT GIVE IT,YOU GOT THIS,YOU CAN DO IT :-) please ask me any question you may have.
edited by on 10/11/2016

10/11/2016 12:21:26 PM
Thank you so very much for sharing your story. I really needed to read it. I am very encouraged and feel that once I put the time in, and really own the material. I will passed as well. Thanks again. I pray it helps others also.

10/13/2016 1:30:56 AM
Congratulations! I read these success stories every night to keep myself motivated and positive, so thank you!
What were the percentages you were getting while doing UWORLD? I know this isn't concrete information or a guarantee for passing but it makes me feel better to see how others were doing while using UWORLD.

10/14/2016 3:22:32 PM
LVRN wrote:
Good morning, I told myself once I pass my nclex I would tell my story because I know some else is in the same situation and just need some extra encouragement from someone who in their shoes. I graduated in April 2014.I study kaplan religiously for four months, then I sat for my boards in August 2014, after 93 question I failed I felt horrible but I told myself I will never give it. I continue to use kaplan and saunders, I still could not beat the beast NCLEX. I got extremely depress, you see once you fail this test it has a away of making you feel bad about yourself in so many ways.You need a great support system or else you will feel drained on so many levels....fast forward to August 2015 That's when I friend of mine told me about UWOLD i purchased the month supplied, I study for a couple of months but i really didn't own the material the questions and the rationals were awesome but for some reason it wasn't sticking in my head. took the NCLEX again in November 2015,you guested it, I Failed.FEELING SO DOWN AGAIN.....took the test again in march 2016 FAILED,....TOOK a break from studying to regain my sanity.....August 2016 i purchased UWORLD again but this time i did something different. I only worked 3 days a week I study 4 days a week doing 100-150 increments of 50 questions. I would read EVERY QUESTION and rationals, I would write down the ones I really didn't understand and look up EVERYTHING so I can own the material in my own words. Exam day was coming up, started to utube certain topics that i would need to actually hear someone else talk about and show examples with mnemonics (I'm a visual learner). fast forward EXAM DAY, my test time was 8am October 8th I arrive 1 1/2 early to got some breakfast sat in my car and started to pray,pray,pray,pray.I FELT CONFIDENT FOR ONCE. I got to start my test around 7:45am. CALM AND STEADY,STEADY AND CALM. I read every question and made sure i understood what the question was asking.When I pass 75 question I told myself I am challenging the test so I'm doing good no stress. Around 140 the computer shut off. I didn't know what to think. I DO KNOW I gave it my all 1000% I also had FAITH like I NEVER had before.UWORLD IS THE BEST STUDY RESOURCE IVE USED AND IVE USED ALOT OF STUDY MATERIAL. I paid pearson vue quick result 48 hours later, I saw that I PASSED, I couldn't belief it I did it,I started crying for joy, it was a long time coming. Please please if you have Ever failed DO NOT GIVE IT,YOU GOT THIS,YOU CAN DO IT :-) please ask me any question you may have.
edited by on 10/11/2016

10/25/2016 9:12:51 AM
Thankyou for posting your story. I needed to read something like this. very good encouragement. Felt like i am not alone, and i can do it. Thankyou

10/25/2016 1:49:09 PM
LVRN wrote:
edited by on 10/11/2016

Hey congrat we have the same success story I also pass nclex on my 9 attempts on may 19 2016. Congrat again you deserve this great success

10/25/2016 7:31:38 PM
I have read your suscess story and are so proud of you. I can share the same exprience I have taken the NCLEX three times and fail. I am currently doing a review class and will get Uworld again. You have given me the faith that i had lost. Thank you so much. Will keep you all posted. May God speed be with you all.

10/29/2016 9:24:39 AM
oszt458698 wrote:
I have read your suscess story and are so proud of you. I can share the same exprience I have taken the NCLEX three times and fail. I am currently doing a review class and will get Uworld again. You have given me the faith that i had lost. Thank you so much. Will keep you all posted. May God speed be with you all.

10/29/2016 9:30:13 AM
Thank you all very much. No matter how many times you have taken the Nclex you have to tell yourself you've got this. You all are already RN's you just have to prove to the test you will be a safe nurse. Don't let anyone make you feel bad about failing the truth be told I rather fail then go and kill a patient. I own the material now and no one can take that from me. You all have got this ( you finished nursing school) it's just a matter of having it click in your head.if anyone want to ask me any question please send me a personal message I can help guide you.happy study and stay prayed up.

11/7/2016 4:23:06 AM
I AM PLANNING TO RE PURCHASE UWORLD. BUT HOW DO YOU EXACTLY STUDY UWORLD? WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU DID DIFFERENTLY THIS TIME TO PASS THE EXAM?

11/7/2016 1:52:22 PM
Thankyou very much for posting what you did to pass. your story was so inspiring to me. thankyou so much

12/21/2016 10:28:53 AM
Congrats to you. Thank you for sharing your story. You are awesome. You story will inspire a lot of people to never give up.

12/27/2016 9:23:37 PM
Wow...
What an inspirational story.... congratulations. You must be very determined.

12/27/2016 9:50:05 PM
LVRN wrote:
edited by on 10/11/2016

Hi I'm taking mine this Thursday average in Uworld was 49% I am very nervous 😩....

12/27/2016 9:50:23 PM
LVRN wrote:
edited by on 10/11/2016

Hi I'm taking mine this Thursday average in Uworld was 49% I am very nervous 😩....

12/27/2016 10:00:36 PM
Thanks everyone. Anyone who is testing soon please don't focus on your percentage. You need to own the material. Understand what the question is asking, eliminate wrong answers to find the correct answer.Read ALL the rationales from uworld. Stay focus, you all are RN's already.Remember, Being determined is part of your success.I will keep you all in my prayers.

12/28/2016 7:43:40 PM
congrats my dear I am going through what you went through right now, I've been so discouraged that i paid for Uworld and couldn't bring myself to study. I am practically struggling right now and looking for every encouragement i can and hoping on God. Thanks for sharing I see a reason to be hopeful.

12/31/2016 5:21:49 PM
LVRN wrote:
Thanks everyone. Anyone who is testing soon please don't focus on your percentage. You need to own the material. Understand what the question is asking, eliminate wrong answers to find the correct answer.Read ALL the rationales from uworld. Stay focus, you all are RN's already.Remember, Being determined is part of your success.I will keep you all in my prayers.

Thank you so much for such an inspiring story. I just started nursing school and already struggling. I needed some enlightenment like this.

12/31/2016 6:21:15 PM
ydpg739165 wrote:
LVRN wrote:

Thank you so much for such an inspiring story. I just started nursing school and already struggling. I needed some enlightenment like this.

I don't think Uworld is the best resource if you are struggling. Use less difficult material like Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination ...or Davis's Q&A Success series. OR ATI book if your school is using ATI.

Good Luck
edited by on 12/31/2016

1/5/2017 8:12:33 PM
congratulations and thanks for sharing your story.I wrote for the 6th times. NCLEX RN i took it last week.i hope that these story will keep me up.I have been depressed and is having effect on me and my family.Considering the fact that CA does not have the 48 result check i just have to wait for my mailing result.Thanks for the strenth in your story.

1/7/2017 9:54:27 PM
congrats LVRN you are my inspiration. I needed this kind of encouragement to push forward. Thank you for your story.
edited by on 1/7/2017

1/9/2017 7:13:36 PM
what other study materials did you use along with this?

1/11/2017 10:12:29 PM
LVRN wrote:
edited by on 10/11/2016

1/11/2017 10:13:56 PM
Hi, I am similar situation as you are. How did you breakdown the contents after getting question wrong from u world did you use special source such as saunders? Or only focused on u world and writing rationals and understanding them? thank you and congrats

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK