How are UWORLD Percentiles Calculated

7/12/2018 11:30:22 AM
I am looking for an official answer from UWORLD. Please don't respond if you are just speculating. Please only respond if you actually know the answer. I would like to know how the percentiles in UWORLD's "Welcome" and "Performance" pages are calculated. I can see that when I re-work missed questions, my percentile improves. But If I get 100% of my re-works correct, it does not improve to 100%. It just goes up. This leads me to believe that the percentile is simply comparing all the questions I have answered (both reworks and initial attempts) to questions answered by other UWORLD users.

1) So my first question is "Is that correct? Is my percentile calculated simple based on my percent correct of all attempts including re-works?". I'm assuming the answer is yes.

2) The second question is. What data am I being compared to? Am I being compared to all attempts by all users including re-works and attempts after a reset? Am I only being compared against other's first pass attempts? What about resets? Are my scores being compared to scores by people who have done a reset? I'm assuming the answer is yes here as well.

If this is true. If the percentiles simply compare your total percent correct (including re-works) to the overall percent correct of all users (including re-works and re-sets), then the percentile is a completely useless measure.

If I am correct about this. I recommend UWORLD add some reports. They should add a "first attempt" report that only compares your first attempt to the first attempts of others. And they should add a "Reset Attempt" that only compares your results after you have reset with the results of others after they have reset.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK