GAVE EXAM RECENTLY- MY EXPERIENCE

11/25/2015 4:49:12 AM
Hi,
Just took my exam yesterday. Was horrible.
At the study process I red both MTB 3 and FA, in addition to the fact that I just finished my state tests, which are super hard (and all in excellent grades).
I did the whole UWorld bank once and went through my marked Qs after finishing. Got an excellent score on the self assessment.
Despite all, the test was very very difficult, I marked more than half of each block as "unsure" Qs, was very stressed and finished each block 8- 5 mins before the end of it. Didn't get to recheck the marked Qs. Found lots of mistakes afterwards.
I guess that's the general feeling and hope for the best (some friends of mine that have already got their grades felt the same and got a very good score in the end).

11/25/2015 10:10:33 AM
@MoAR
do you mean FA for step 1 or for step 2? which one did you read?

11/25/2015 10:53:50 AM
I meant FA of step 2CK.

12/17/2015 1:16:42 AM
Update- Just got my score- 269 (!!).
I guess the Assessment (in which I got 265) was the best predictor.

12/22/2015 10:18:30 PM
Hanuman87 wrote:
sooo I gave step 2 ck recently, i was very tired in the end.
The exam is super long and super super tough...
But i felt very weird in the end- like i had studied so much, 6 months prep, but i felt like i didnt know anything.
My last block of exam only had 32 questions instead of 44 ?....did i take the right exam?
After i came home i tried to look up topics to see if i got them right or wrong, but i couldnt find: did MTB, First aid, uworld.
idk - i feel lost.
if anyone had similiar experience, please share.
edited by on 11/17/2015

I felt the same. Not to mention, that I did a lot of UWORLD questions. I feel the focus of the real exam was very different. UWORLD was excellent for Step I but Step II !!!???

12/27/2015 3:16:18 PM
Hi everyone, I want to share my experience with you, because this forum really gave me a peace of mind while I was waiting the results of my test and hopefully others will do it after read this..

I’m an IMG and I took my test on December 3th, 2015. I felt devastated when I finished my test. I left more than 12 questions without mark at all, and about 8 more than I couldn’t read properly before answer it. Yes I know....a real disaster, the worst performance ever in a test. The questions are really long, complex and really different for what I saw in the Uworld Qbank (I did it twice) , UWSA and NBME (7, 4 and 6)

I studied for about 8 months and I readed MTB 2 and MTB 3 plus the notes that I took of the Uworld Qbank during the first round (VERY IMPORTANT). In my personal opinion, The best preparation that you can get, you will get it from the Uworld. The rapid review books (my case MTB 2 & 3) are necessary to get a general idea and concepts, but the real knowledge, best algorithms, etc. that you can get, you will find it in the Uworld Qbank. It's an awesome tool, it's NOT only to measure your knowledge, if you use it properly, it will be the best learning tool that you will find in the market, better than any book.

Results--Uworld 1st time (72 %) Untimed, Tutor mode, - Like I said, I used it for learn
2nd time (89%) Timed and Random

NBME 7- 221 (It’s true what the forums says, Its underpredict your score for 20)
(21 days before exam). No missed questions

UWSA - 247 and 9 missed questions ( 4 without mark and 4 marked without read properly)
(15 days before exam)

NBME 4 - 248 and NBME 6 252 (Both same day, like the real exam)
(1 week before exam). No missed questions

Step 2 CK - 248
Peace Sign

Conclusions: ( My humble opinion)
1- Read the review book of your preference (MTB, First Aid, Step UP, etc), but NEVER forget to take notes from Uworld Qbanks and use the Qbanks for learn and NOT only to measure your knowledge.
2- Most predictive test ( for me) UWSA, I missed 8 questions in the UWSA and about 20 in the test . Even when I got the same score in the test than in the NBME 4, I was able to answer all the questions in the NBME 4 on time, pretty different of what happened in my real test.
3- After the exam, when you are thinking that everything is lost, you should trust in your preparation and the UWSA, NBME 4 results...they are really predictive.

Thanks to those who helped me (posting in the forum) and for those that are preparing or about to take the exam....GOOD LUCK!!!!!, I hope this help you a little bit...

1/8/2016 11:18:26 AM
hello i just took nbme form 7. would u be able to review it with me thanks

1/19/2016 6:10:28 AM
su2428008584 wrote:
hello i just took nbme form 7. would u be able to review it with me thanks

are you still interested in reviewing NBME7?

5/11/2016 8:39:48 AM
hello I want to take step 2ck wre do I get nbme ,uwsa,because I want to take step2ck first I didn't write step1 still

5/21/2016 1:32:09 AM
jdvf605619 wrote:
hello I want to take step 2ck wre do I get nbme ,uwsa,because I want to take step2ck first I didn't write step1 still

I answered cause I see YOU ARE LOOKING FOR INFORMATION AND NOBODY spend just a minute to help you. NBME TEST: You has to go to " nsas.nbme.org " NBME means NATIONAL BOARD OF MEDICAL EXAMINERS;;;;;;; The other one UWSA TEST means UWORLD SELF ASSESSMENT, you has to buy that one in this site you are now "UWORLD", people also are using "onlinemeded.org". Sorry if I do not answer any other question but almost never come to this forum as I already took Step 1 and CK, I can tell you that THE question bank of UWORLD is very good, you have to review all the explanations and take notes.

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK