accuracy of kaplan stimualtive exams

3/18/2015 1:12:58 PM
Hey, if anyone has done their kaplan stimulative exams, can you tell me whether are as accurate as uwsa or any of the nbme's and how did they range in comparison to your step 2ck score.

3/18/2015 3:26:43 PM
NOT ACCURATE!!!! I took the simulated exam1 half way thru Kaplan qbank and scored 228(62%). I was very excited cuz I was only doing Kaplan qbank and was only half way but then a few weeks later I took NMBE6 and scored awfully low... I have now completed the qbank but don't think I`ll even bother doing the second simulated exam. Its good if you consider it a learning material just like any of the qbank questions but in terms of accuracy its a piece of CRAP!!!!

3/22/2015 5:56:12 PM
i have a med advisor from kaplan and the kaplan exams are NOT for a score they are for a learning tool, kaplan says you need to be in the 68-70 range on the full length simulated exam NOT their diagnostic to go do the exam. The diagnostic test is weighted differently. THEY DO NOT HAVE A CONVERSION so STOP looking for a correlation. Roughly they say a 70-75% corresponds to the around the median score. I did all my prep courses with kaplan and its true for all their exam, they are NOT nbmes. If you want a correlation use nbme and the ones for CK have a 30point +/- so you can pass well or fail badly. They better test is the uworld, they have an alogrithm score converter which they give you a score.
edited by on 3/22/2015
edited by on 3/22/2015

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK