Feeling after the exam!!!

10/17/2014 8:39:26 PM
Just to keep a note of how I felt just after the exam.Though it feels similar to what it felt on step 1 to me, this one seems more awful.the questions were so so lengthy that I just couldn't dare to read the whole question many times, guessed on just so many questions(may be even 50%), there were only few of so called high yield 2 ck topics(PE, pneumothorax, etc.), in fact there were too many weird questions and just too too lengthy, the exam felt extremely tough,the toughest of my life, just hoping for some miracle now.I got 74% in UW random unused first time.Not to scare anybody, coz I know that anyways most of us would stick to uworld, MTBs or Kaplan LNs,can't do anything else, but the exam is much more than all of that.I acknowledge that mostly people feel this way after the steps but it's just expected 'coz the exam is nothing like any NBME and much more tough than Uworld too.I would also agree that most of the info is there in all these sources, but the questions demand much higher and faster application. There's too much hype on understanding the concept and all, but the questions wont give you time enough to do that, or in most cases may be it'd be just beyond your capacity, you would almost need rapid fire accuracy.After all one can always give a cubic equation to a 4rd grade student and say that you can solve it by applying the same concepts of maths. I just hope that I don fail the exam, there's just too much on stake!!!

10/28/2014 12:58:03 AM
It is so true for me . I just took exam 5 days ago and it was very hard . I got 77 % in uworld 1st time online . 264 in uwsa . 229 in nbme7 , 260 in nbme4 and 254 in nbme 6 . 79 % in kaplan ck ,91 % in fred 150 ... I did prepare so many times ... I got 250 + in step 1 ... I dun want to scare any1 ... the truth is I think I will not make it in exam .. it was so so hard and no time to think .. if u think .. u ll not catch the time .. a lot of questions about health education and double palthology ... I dun know how to prepare the exam if i would not make it ... wish that everyone could make each goal ... Pray together to overcome this terrible situation.
edited by on 10/28/2014
edited by on 10/28/2014

11/5/2014 10:24:21 AM
I never wanted to spread any panic writing the above post, in fact my intention was just to keep a note of "the feeling" after the exam.Throughout, since the exam i felt several times that I've failed, my spouse who gave exam with me also thought of scoring in 210-20 sorts, however it has turned out okay for me with a score of 243, while it's awesome for my spouse with 259.I'm very happy for my partner, for myself at least before the exam I expected at least upto 250.Our credentials were as below:

me UW-74%, UWSA-238, NBME 7-233, Free 150-94%, final-243
my spouse's Uw-75%, UWSA-254, NBME 7-229, Free 150-94%, final 259.

I can only tell all of you preparing, that both of us felt that the exam was extremely tough and its difficult to predict the performance, it almost works on your reflexes.So don't think much after giving the exam.

For preparation, both of us took around 4 months to prepare just after step 1, used Kaplan LN once (infact we only did videos for the medicine part),then UWorld once f/b revising it rapidly just by reviewing the tests, MTB 2 and 3.

For the exam time management is the biggest deal.Electrolytes, psychiatry are the easily scoring parts I feel.
edited by on 11/5/2014

11/22/2014 7:25:32 AM
Hi! Looking back do you wish you could do anything differently? Spent more or less time on a certain topic or area? I know each test is different so it's hard to say but any general advice? I'm doing kaplan LN with videos, uworld, and MTB. Thanks and congratulations on the amazing score!!!
edited by on 11/22/2014

11/25/2014 7:31:43 AM
Hi
i got same experience from my exam ck yesterday .i do not know what i have done .Questions are bigger size ,always two or three very close answer .i did not get any time to look up my mark questions .every block last question - i got like i minute to give the answer .i always get 5 to 7 mins extra at nbme and Uworld asa exam .i do not know what will happen to me .GOOS LUCK EVERYONE WHO ARE GIVING EXAM .
My last assessment score :
NBME 4 -237( 3 DAY BEFORE EXAM )
UWSA -244 ( 1 DAY BEFORE EXAM)

11/25/2014 8:18:08 AM
@neelat:I also asked for general advice at the start of my preparation and all what helps is whatever you are doing.Looking back, may be i could have spent more time(if i had) on revising uworld properly, i couldn't do that, I don't think I would've read books twice or thrice, even reading MTBs properly and going by the videos seems enough to me.You just anyways will have to work more on questions.I completely failed on my time management front, so may be getting more time I could've worked upon it,in fact not managing time I remember I did so many questions wrong which I'd practiced well enough.So that's it.

11/25/2014 8:22:42 AM
shofiullah wrote:
Hi
i got same experience from my exam ck yesterday .i do not know what i have done .Questions are bigger size ,always two or three very close answer .i did not get any time to look up my mark questions .every block last question - i got like i minute to give the answer .i always get 5 to 7 mins extra at nbme and Uworld asa exam .i do not know what will happen to me .GOOS LUCK EVERYONE WHO ARE GIVING EXAM .

At least me and my spouse both had a similar experience, but both of us got results close to our UWSA (not to say that it's very accurate), but I can only say, going by ur stats, that do not spend time worrying, in all likelihood you'll do well, the exam seems to be fair for most, it's a standard check of your knowledge, so you've done enough and I don't think it'll betray you.Best of luck.

11/28/2014 3:11:02 PM
shofiullah wrote:
Hi

Shofiullah!! I felt like i was reading exactly what happened to me when i was reading you experience! my exam was on the same day (24/11)..i got exact same scores in assessments (except for 235 in nbme4, but same USWA score). and i came out of exam completely clueless about what to expect as my result!! anyway, please let us know how you score. Big Grin

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK