took exam today!! Nothing from UW

8/23/2014 12:23:37 AM
Hi bro. I do share the same story with you. I gave my exam in March this year. And the exam was although same in concept to UW, but not in totality. It was way long. I had skipped many Qs, some only being attempted blindly without reading the scenario. I had 5 to 6 drug ad and abstract Qs. I had scored 254 on UWSA. but in real exam I failed. This was the biggest shock of my life. Please everybody don't take this as something to drive you away from USMLE, but just sharing the experience!!!

8/23/2014 10:44:56 AM
MaAh38670948 wrote:
Hi bro. I do share the same story with you. I gave my exam in March this year. And the exam was although same in concept to UW, but not in totality. It was way long. I had skipped many Qs, some only being attempted blindly without reading the scenario. I had 5 to 6 drug ad and abstract Qs. I had scored 254 on UWSA. but in real exam I failed. This was the biggest shock of my life. Please everybody don't take this as something to drive you away from USMLE, but just sharing the experience!!!

So, finally, did you pass the exam, and how you do it? Thanks, guide me man

8/23/2014 11:31:23 PM
MaAh38670948 wrote:

Just found out I failed on wed
Had a 232 on uwsa and 225 on Nbme 4
I just really want to know how this happened or trying to figure out my fault so that Atleast I can pass next time. Please guys message me so we can discuss. It is very important that I pass next try I feel doomed already. I am really confused and just need to find out what my problem was

8/25/2014 7:08:08 PM
same thing happened to me.. was doin gd in uworld n nmbe...failed ck... got to know this week... dont even know what to do... so disoriented...

8/25/2014 7:08:09 PM
same thing happened to me.. was doin gd in uworld n nmbe...failed ck... got to know this week... dont even know what to do... so disoriented...

8/26/2014 8:14:44 AM
Can you guys pleasee check your inbox ?

8/27/2014 11:45:23 AM
Thanks for your help uwcrazy.
Good karma to you.

8/27/2014 12:40:42 PM
the entire exam is from First Aid CK. It's a very fair exam and every concept is from u-world. If you do u-world 5 times in tutor mode..it's fine. very doable test. much easier than step1.

8/27/2014 7:31:09 PM
honestly salomon i wish i had met ut earlier.. i hada bought FA first.. but everyone on these forums kept sayin mtb mtb mtb so got 2 n 3... it totally sucked.. cudnt go back as i tuk the test in 1.5 months owin to the change in result dates...so i cudnt even go back to FA aftet mtb... i hated it.. i kept askin if its sufficient n evryone kept sayin yes... horrible book

8/28/2014 6:30:36 AM
There was barely anything on step1 that was also on uworld so why would step2ck be any different? Uworld is mainly to practice taking questions and training up your stamina.

Everyone is different in how they prepare. For me it's more beneficial spending time as 75% FA review and 25% questions.
edited by on 8/28/2014

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK