ck disaster

8/20/2014 9:23:20 PM
guys m super depressed... results for ck came in today,,,, FAILED.. i dont know how? was gettin decent nbme marks..

US IMG
Grad - Sept 2012
passed step 1 - 1st attempt -220
passed step 2 cs - 1st attempt
4 US LOR

dreams r shattered as was gonna apply next month.. please share your honest opinion should i even give ck again? should i even try to apply next year even in something like psych??
r there any chances to match? what should i do to improve the chances?

do anyone know anyone who matched within last 2 years after failing in ck or cs once?

guys i know everyone may b busy but please spare 1-2 min to reply....
ty

8/21/2014 9:33:41 AM
I will be looking forward to the answers you get. Cause my case is even worse than yours. I passed my Step 1 with an unimpressive grade, already scheduled my CS for January, but unexpectedly I just failed my Step 2 CK for a few points.

I'm also an IMG, graduated 2013, no LORs yet and was expecting to apply for residency next year, that's why I was "rushing" all my plans. I knew I wasn't well prepared, but still took the chance... it let me to fail.

Now I know I need a really high grade to even be considered. Although many forums just assure people who fail that they just became a red flag. I am certainly not ready to give up yet (even with a dragging soul), my soul will have to drag herself to the point where I want to get.

I think you shouldn't give up. I can't give you your odds nor useful information regarding your questions. But I can tell you that you need to take it again an ace it, you already have so much conquered, don't give up so easily.

8/21/2014 6:56:48 PM
thanks pseudo..but seriously confused on what to do,,, i lost hope...thigns were goin so well n last min bomb blasted all my dreams..since the results wud have come late i had to prepone my exam ..now i screwed up...

guys can anyone else find a minz time to ans the doubts of pseudo n me?

8/21/2014 6:56:48 PM
thanks pseudo..but seriously confused on what to do,,, i lost hope...thigns were goin so well n last min bomb blasted all my dreams..since the results wud have come late i had to prepone my exam ..now i screwed up...

guys can anyone else find a minz time to ans the doubts of pseudo n me?

8/22/2014 5:41:27 PM
@ pseudo- i did ask around n i came to know of a guy who failed step 1 5 times n still got in to ER residency.. a guy who failed multiple times n yet got in to IM n another who matchd psych n many others with multiple attmpts who matchd IM ....

so fingerscrossed hopefully we wil match too...gd luck stay in touch n if u find out abt someone else plz share with me

8/23/2014 11:29:21 PM
Just found out I failed on wed
Had a 232 on uwsa and 225 on Nbme 4
I just really want to know how this happened or trying to figure out my fault so that Atleast I can pass next time. Please guys message me so we can discuss. It is very important that I pass next try I feel doomed already. I am really confused and just need to find out what my problem was

8/25/2014 6:55:59 PM
m so soory to hear this,,,same story here... dont know what happened but feel as if the world ended n shattered my dreams.. do u know of anyone who matched after attempt? quite a no of people actually told me there is still chance n that they know people who actually matched after attempt...

8/26/2014 2:41:24 PM
Same experience here.
Thanks for this post.
For 1 week now Ive been feeling really down because of my CK failure last Aug 20.
I already passed both Step 1 and CS. Myeras is already filled, my LORs are already uploaded. This experience is devastating.

8/27/2014 7:28:25 PM
sorry to hear that drmarie.. its been tough.. i still cnt forget what happened n no matter how hard i try to think past it i cant... what r ur further plans?

9/2/2014 5:08:44 PM
why are all of you taking the exam before you are ready?

9/3/2014 11:25:22 AM
I think you should always give it another shot cause nobody knows what is gonna happen. obviously many program directors filter the CS and CK failures and obviously many programs have a pre-set score for step 1 and step 2CK but there are always unfilled spots in different hospitals and you may have a tiny chance. there is no point to worry at this point since your worry would not help you much. just give it another shot and try one more time and see what will happen. there are million jobs you can do as a doctor.

9/26/2014 9:29:32 PM
thanks for ur support chase

10/30/2014 6:43:02 PM
If you want to be a practicing doctor in the United States, you will do whatever it takes to become one. Period. Not trying to be negative, but just saying if it's your dream, you'll do whatever it takes to make it come true. Focus on step 2 CK right now. Worry about residency application when the time comes. They call it steps for a reason. Or at least that's what I think. Haha. One step at a time.
edited by on 10/30/2014

9/29/2015 7:34:52 PM
hi guys, its been a year. hopefully those of us who had some bitter experience last year have had some changes in their application.

pseudo, Dr. marie etc.. ??

10/13/2015 10:56:22 PM
I am in same boat. I failed ck too but instead of worrying about the residency application process, I am tense about passing the exam and finding a way to study and prepare better. Everything else comes later. For me, I am not a good test taker, i cant go to sleep the night before and panic and quit in middle of my exam. I dont even take practice tests because i am scared of rejection. I feel like if i see the low scores on practice tests, it will decrease my motivation and will cause fear. So I rather not know and just study my best. I know its wrong approach but i dont know why i cant seem to change myself. Its like I am avoiding confrontation and its so lame.
i don't want to take beta blockers or medicine because it only happens with medical exams. I think cause it means a lot for me. Anyway its my dream i will try my best to not let it shatter. So, I'll keep on trying, slowing i might outgrow my fear. if not, atleast i'll knew i tried my best. Lets hope for the best but still be realistic during preparation time.
We can do it, if others can, we can too. If we finished medical school, it means we have the discipline and energy for these exams. We have it in us to be good doctors, perhaps even better than others because we are not quitting. i have tons of loans (214 K) and family problems. My dad, who has arthritis in his both knees, works in factory for 14 hours sometimes to help me pay for my medical school expenses. He told me so many times that he cant do this anymore and i shouldn't have chosen this career. So, there are so many nights i cant go to sleep thinking about how i let my family down. I feel like whats wrong with me, have i got dumb or something. I helped so many friends in undergrad in studying for courses and now they are doctors but i am still struggling. If there is any medical emergency, i am usually the first one to be approached for help. i almost never get sick and I run 5 miles on treadmill everyday. So am i not meant to be doctor? i would care for my patients more than most doctors. So i am really scared too.
but you know if one dream ends, another maybe even better one will become the reality. Lets not feel down. Lets take a day or two to relax and refresh and then study harder. This time if we know that something is going wrong with the studying pattern, lets actively try to fix it.

9/15/2016 4:47:41 PM
OMG, y'all's posts sound just like me, I waited an extra day to open my scores but I just couldn't bring myself to it yesterday. I'm in the same boat (I know this is now an old post) because I'm also trying to figure out whether to try again a couple more months to study and still complete my residency application or just wait till next year? What did you decide and any updates? Please help. Thanks and best wishes!!

9/24/2016 11:29:59 AM
usmle_ck_disaster wrote:
guys m super depressed... results for ck came in today,,,, FAILED.. i dont know how? was gettin decent nbme marks..

US IMG
Grad - Sept 2012
4 US LOR

dreams r shattered as was gonna apply next month.. please share your honest opinion should i even give ck again? should i even try to apply next year even in something like psych??

do anyone know anyone who matched within last 2 years after failing in ck or cs once?

ty

Hi,

I'm looking to take the test in the next few days. Doing timed blocks of uworld and kaplan. If anyone is interested in joining me please skype me at: pettergriffin269

Best of luck to all

7/9/2018 5:50:57 PM
Similar story as yours..until I networked with a “USMLE genius…”
Did it (eml enycity at g mail for details)

usmle_ck_disaster wrote:

US IMG
Grad - Sept 2012
4 US LOR

ty

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK