My USMLE Step 2 CK Plan, Experience and Score

3/27/2013 6:03:59 PM
Preparation: First Aid for USMLE Step 2 Ck
Crush Step 2

UWorld (All questions and then the ones I got wrong; both in Timed mode) I read and re-read the answer explanations.

UWorld self assessment: 228
Average uworld score: 65-70%

Step 2 CK score: 256

Best of Luck everyone! The exam was hard, but UWorld prepared me very well!!!

3/27/2013 6:56:05 PM
Thanks for posting the info and congrats on the great score!

How much time did it take you to prep for your exam. Did you take any nbmes or just relied on the UWSA and finally how long after your UWSA did you take the exam.

Thanks again for sharing.
edited by NeKh52879554 on 3/27/2013

3/28/2013 8:17:22 AM
I am a physician in practice in Canada, which I think helped. There is a fair bit of pattern recognition...so do not discount your clinical experience. I studied hard for a solid 5 weeks, focusing mostly on my weak areas. For self-assessment, I relied on the UWSA. I also did the free 150 questions on the NBME website. These were easier than Uworld

I did the actual exam two weeks after the UWSA.

The actual USMLE exam has a combination of "easy" questions and more challenging questions. Overall, I think Uworld is harder than the real exam...and was excellent prep. I would suggest doing the uworld questions in timed mode/44 questions, then reading the answers, concentrating on the ones you got wrong.

Then, if you do not understand the concepts, go to basic medical textbooks to review those topics to improve your understanding. There is a lot of memorizing, but I think understanding all the concepts is really helpful for the exam!

At the same time, don't sweat all the details! No one can remember every single glycogen storage disease, and it's not high yield. I found that the details that were tested were pretty random...

3/30/2013 8:50:21 AM
Congrats for your very good score
but do u recommend any book to study from
Like the first aid or master the board ?
Need your advice .

3/30/2013 10:01:53 AM
First Aid for USMLE was the best one. I also used Crush Step 2 and Boards and wards... But my studying was mostly from First Aid

As I mentioned in my previous post, I also referred to basic medical textbooks for concepts I didn't know or had forgotten

Best of luck to you!

3/30/2013 10:30:02 AM
Thanks for your care

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK