Post Traumatic CS Disorder

5/2/2014 11:26:52 AM
- Just took my cs . Good, doable cases but my nerves got the best of me . I'm wondering if anyone made similar mistakes and was still able to put this exam behind for good . I'm starting to panic over all the major blunders i made.
My EPIC blunder of all time .. forgot to stick the sthetoscope inside my ears on ausculatation of the lungs .. my sthet was just sorta hanging on my neck while i was "pretending" to listen to his lung sounds .. i mean who does this ? i cant seem to forgive myself for this one .. i feel like all my efforts went down the drain with just this one mistake it was too late by the time i realized it.. it was a simple case and i practiced it so many times . i really hope my sp didnt see this( wishful thinking ) . i was so nervous with that case ..
- i think my overall impression to sp was that i came off "amateurish".. i just could not get myself to calmdown.
- so i forgot to use one of those ear covers on one side of the ear but used it as soon as i realized it on the other side . now im starting to think if i used them AT ALL for my previous cases :$
-ran out of time on one case .. i was doing ok, asking all the right qs , dealing with some awkward moments and reaction , even figured out the dx , jus took longer on PE and didnt get to close . this was my second to last case , so my body was giving out .. i couldnt sustain my energy level and was exhausted .
- i was as empathetic as i could be .. but some patients didnt seem impressed or atleast thats the impression i got .. forgot to empathize on one peds case that needed obvious empathy .. i was so focused on history taking.
- physical exam for most were kinda shaky . mostly bcoz i was trying to rush through it and also i was trying not to be to harsh with the sp. i did focused exams rather than everything for most of my cases. my hands were trembling at some point .
-on the patient note i could not come up with more than 2 differntials because fir the most part i was able to come to the right diagnosis .. atleast thats what id like to think 🙎 i didnt use proper caps lock formatting .. as in some sentences started without a capital letter. Forgot to type some important points on couple cases as I was still trying to overcome the trauma from the encounters I messed up .
- I felt like an idiot ALOT of times throughout the encounters. i was fumbling, had mental blocks so many times .. my brain just froze if thats even possible ! it was so agonizing . I felt like i was participating in some type of weird battle only to be defeated mastering super calm demeanor and laser focus will probably be a tremendous help in order to succeed . I'm hoping i'll pass as it took a lot of sacrifice and money to prepare for this exam. i was lucky enough to find a good partner and was staying her house ..for weeks .. away from family and completely out of my comfort zone . not to mention the anxiety, mental/ physical toll it takes on you. I'm really wishing for a happy ending for me and my partner both and everyone whose going through this best of all luck to everyone and please share your experiences as well

-

8/2/2014 4:36:56 PM
I hope you did enough to pass I will pray for you

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK