passed CS, my tips

3/24/2014 12:55:55 PM
Hi I passed high performance ICE and CIS, I just wanted to give back to this forum for providing me with excellent study partners I also used FA, Gold USMLE review, and UW cases, all three were very helpful and I found the Gold CS workshop to be very good and the difference for me this time, the doctor pointed out the most commonly made mistakes and thoroughly went over each case with us. I thank GoldUSMLE for exposing my mistakes before I went to the exam. I utilized study partners from the goldusmle review and this forum. I stayed with about 2 study partners and practiced everyday. We all three made mnemonics for the 44 cases from F.A. But we grouped the cases by C/O. e.g Abdominal pain, pediatric case, back pain, joint pain, neuro case, etc etc ( highly recommend it).
I think if you spend three days to learn the mnemonics, you are doing a great investment. This is the best way for you to remember what to ask in each encounter. specially the ones that were not on the F.A.The UWORLD cases alone are not enough. F.A. is your bible if you want to pass CSSome cases are very hard to approach like dementia case, child cases, or depressed cases. So for those cases we practiced many times. Some cases we practices more than 10 times. This helped me give more confidence.
The last two weeks we all practiced 8 complete cases every day from monday to saturday. Sunday was church day.The last two days we did two 'MOCK" with 10 cases ( 5 cases, break 15 min, 5 cases) and each of us reviewed the PN. ( Crucial point, you must be critic with your PN). Remember that PN is the only thing that is graded by a Physician.
- Prepare hard, this is not an easy test anymore.
- time your encounters while you practice.
- YOUR SP MUST SIMULATE being a real patient. Watch a youtube video and ask your partner to simulate a real patient ( this will put you under so much pressure at the beginning but then, you will get used to it) e.g. If it is a heart attack ask your partner that once you enter the room that he should start complaining ayyyayayayaya , breathing heavily and living the pain!!!!.
Remember whatever you want to ask, first calm the patient down. and then, you can ask all your SIQORAAA+PAMHUGSFOSS./OPQRS, ETC.
-Mnemonics are a MUST.
- Ask permission for everything.
- IMG!!! PLEASE SPEAK SLOWLY AND LOUDER.
Hope this helps you, and Good luck with your preparation.!!!!

4/7/2014 2:42:45 PM
amy.brooks wrote:
Hi I passed high performance ICE and CIS, I just wanted to give back to this forum for providing me with excellent study partners I also used FA, Gold USMLE review, and UW cases, all three were very helpful and I found the Gold CS workshop to be very good and the difference for me this time, the doctor pointed out the most commonly made mistakes and thoroughly went over each case with us. I thank GoldUSMLE for exposing my mistakes before I went to the exam. I utilized study partners from the goldusmle review and this forum. I stayed with about 2 study partners and practiced everyday. We all three made mnemonics for the 44 cases from F.A. But we grouped the cases by C/O. e.g Abdominal pain, pediatric case, back pain, joint pain, neuro case, etc etc ( highly recommend it).
I think if you spend three days to learn the mnemonics, you are doing a great investment. This is the best way for you to remember what to ask in each encounter. specially the ones that were not on the F.A.The UWORLD cases alone are not enough. F.A. is your bible if you want to pass CSSome cases are very hard to approach like dementia case, child cases, or depressed cases. So for those cases we practiced many times. Some cases we practices more than 10 times. This helped me give more confidence.
The last two weeks we all practiced 8 complete cases every day from monday to saturday. Sunday was church day.The last two days we did two 'MOCK" with 10 cases ( 5 cases, break 15 min, 5 cases) and each of us reviewed the PN. ( Crucial point, you must be critic with your PN). Remember that PN is the only thing that is graded by a Physician.
- Prepare hard, this is not an easy test anymore.
- time your encounters while you practice.
- YOUR SP MUST SIMULATE being a real patient. Watch a youtube video and ask your partner to simulate a real patient ( this will put you under so much pressure at the beginning but then, you will get used to it) e.g. If it is a heart attack ask your partner that once you enter the room that he should start complaining ayyyayayayaya , breathing heavily and living the pain!!!!.
Remember whatever you want to ask, first calm the patient down. and then, you can ask all your SIQORAAA+PAMHUGSFOSS./OPQRS, ETC.
-Mnemonics are a MUST.
- Ask permission for everything.
- IMG!!! PLEASE SPEAK SLOWLY AND LOUDER.
Hope this helps you, and Good luck with your preparation.!!!!

Thanks for the review. Helpful tips

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK