Failed cs

6/12/2013 12:23:35 PM
Hello everyone. I an am IMG and just received my cs score and I failed. I can't believe it. I feel so down. I passed my step 1 with a low score on first attempt. I am studying for my ck and will take it in July. How bad is it to fail the CS and what if I don't have my CS score available when matching applications open. I'm looking at the scheduling dates and there are none available till Oct. Score for that time will not be available in Dec.
Looking at my CS score sheet, I failed because my score was low on the ICE portion. What should I do?

6/12/2013 1:00:01 PM
Just concentrate on Step 2 ck for now and schedule next available CS date and once you done with CK, practice for CS with someone who can be a critique. I understand how it feels but you got no choice but to look ahead than wasting time on past performance.

6/12/2013 1:02:28 PM
Can I still apply for match without having my CS score available?

6/12/2013 1:37:46 PM
some programs may need cs score but i think you can still apply for most programs. I suggest you to please check the requirement criteria before you apply for residency programs

6/13/2013 12:29:17 PM
I too failed CS on the CIS portion. I'm in the same boat as you because my step 1 score was low. Im scheduled to take CK in late July.

I was kind, compassionate, and I made a plan for every single patient and politely asked if he or she had any questions. This sounds like a bunch of bureaucratic nonsense.

I'm seriously considering leaving medicine.

6/13/2013 6:13:46 PM
rushilk wrote:
I too failed CS on the CIS portion. I'm in the same boat as you because my step 1 score was low. Im scheduled to take CK in late July.

I was kind, compassionate, and I made a plan for every single patient and politely asked if he or she had any questions. This sounds like a bunch of bureaucratic nonsense.

Hi guys i understand being an IMG its not easy to pass CS especially these days as the % of IMG who clear the CS in first attempt has been considerably reduced in comparison with the previous years.The problem can be solved by going for some workshops where they teach you how to talk and interview a patient here and it is different here.so i think thats the only reason why many IMGs are not able to make it.i also got my result yesterday and fortunately i passed.i did attend a workshop(ximedus,florida) for 3 days which made a huge difference in the way i did the actual exam.While at the workshop i met few guys who couldnot make it in their fist attempt and all of them passed after attending the workshop.For those who have failed i must tell that i know some IMGs who are currently doing their residencies even after few attempts in their exams .so dont worry too much and concentrate on what you are doing and go well prepared for the exam next time.GOOD LUCK
edited by Gopu on 6/13/2013

6/13/2013 6:36:29 PM
I do not need to attend a workshop. I am a US born student. My English is impeccable. My bedside manner has been complimented upon by many attendings. I did nothing wrong. I can't fathom how taking a workshop will help me in any way shape or form.

My friend and I failed the CIS portion. All the SPs were happy to talk to us, smiled, and seemed genuinely content about the plans we set forth for them. We both have no problem with talking to patients. We looked up many videos and used many resources to maximize our chances of passing this exam.

Something is going on. Something illegal and disgusting. I can smell it in the air.
edited by rushilk on 6/13/2013

6/13/2013 11:29:34 PM
I failed in ICE , I don't know wat happened .Every thing was good according to me , me and my friend study togther .she did more mistakes in real exam but she passed and I failed.If rechecking works, or else I m thinking abt changing my field. Is there anything else img can study in real short time and less money which can help earning money and satisfy atleast alittile that img who can't pass usmle are not useless.plz advice.thanks

6/13/2013 11:47:17 PM
I still can't believe it. I couldn't even sleep last night I was so down. I felt like I asked all the right questions and my write up was good too. I wish i just I knew what mistakes I made. I feel like I will not match this year even I will try my best. After talking to a few people it seems that I need a good score for ck and take cs ASAP. If anyone has any advice I'm all ears. I love medicine and would do anything to become a doctor even though money is limited.

6/14/2013 1:43:27 AM
rushilk wrote:

Me too. I just wanted to ask did you summarize the history and physical findings you elicited to the sp

6/14/2013 9:57:02 AM
I sure did. I did everything. It was easy and natural. I wasn't overconfident nor was I nervous in any way. I'm starting to think that if America thinks that my communication skills are insufficient, I probably shouldn't bother continuing this career.

6/14/2013 11:11:06 AM
rushilk wrote:
I sure did. I did everything. It was easy and natural. I wasn't overconfident nor was I nervous in any way. I'm starting to think that if America thinks that my communication skills are insufficient, I probably shouldn't bother continuing this career.

Oh i see. I didnt do it , Forgot in all cases! and failed in CIS. I am getting that thought too. I am going to give it another try and i am not gonna bother if i fail or didnt match

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK