Am I in time for 2014 match??

6/10/2013 11:17:49 PM
I recently came to know that you need to apply for step 2 cs before 13 of July so you can be ECFMG certified for 2014 match. My CS exam is on 19 July. Will I be able to apply for this match. Can I be ECFMG certified in time?? Any help is really appreciated.Thanks

6/13/2013 2:50:41 PM
you can apply for the match, however interview chances are reduced since you wont be ecfmg certified by the time interview lists are made

6/13/2013 3:47:41 PM
on the usmle 2cs website it says that the score for exams between july 14 and september 7 will be reported between october 9 and november 7. if ECFMG needs 2 weeks for the certification and maybe you get your score at the beginning of this period, wouldn´t that be in time?

pfunspace wrote:
you can apply for the match, however interview chances are reduced since you wont be ecfmg certified by the time interview lists are made

6/13/2013 6:26:08 PM
[quote=fidibus]on the usmle 2cs website it says that the score for exams between july 14 and september 7 will be reported between october 9 and november 7. if ECFMG needs 2 weeks for the certification and maybe you get your score at the beginning of this period, wouldn´t that be in time?

It also depends if you have all the required documents in order (and your med school must have sent all appropriate documents as well) and all you need is the CS to be certified.

6/15/2013 3:30:13 AM

6/15/2013 10:46:05 AM
Thank you guys for your input. My credential are verified from my med school by ecfmg. But I am not ready with personal statement and LOR. What do u think should I go ahead and apply this year or wait for another year??

pages: 1

| 
We use cookies to learn how you use our website and to ensure that you have the best possible experience.
By continuing to use our website, you are accepting the use of cookies. Learn more
   OK